What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: artesian..... island vs island elite?  (Read 6588 times)

ratking20

artesian..... island vs island elite?
« on: August 07, 2018, 09:51:35 pm »
any artesian guys on here?

what are the differences between the 2 lines? is it worth the upgrade?

Hot Tub Forum

artesian..... island vs island elite?
« on: August 07, 2018, 09:51:35 pm »

HT34

Re: artesian..... island vs island elite?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 05:54:15 am »
I have been looking into artesian quite a bit recently.  It really isn't THAT much of a difference, but there is a little.

Elite differences:

Warranty
7 year surface vs 5 year on island
5 year parts, labor, plumbing, electrical vs 3 year on island
-rest of warranty is the same

Dual footblaster jets standard vs upgrade for island

Elite has directflow personal controls which gives you the ability to control the captain seats with individual seat pumps vs not available as an option for island

Elite comes standard with larger spa light - 5" vs 3.5" in island

From my experience, that's about it.  You can add some upgrades to the island from above, like upping your parts, labor, plumbing snd electrical from 3 to 5 years and adding in the footblasters.

Pretty much everything else you would want is an upgrade for both of them.

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 12:46:03 pm »
HT34 summed it up nicely. 

I used to sell Artesian & the Island Elite made sense *if* you were looking at a larger jet count, as Islands can go as low as 30 jets and up into the 50s.  I think that a circ pump is involved in the Elites but I cannot remember. 

The warranty and the directflow is really the kicker there.  That is the difference.  I am a big fan of that brand and specifically that series.  I believe the motors have less moving parts too, and that is good for long term peace of mind.

jjackkrash

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 02:39:39 am »
What does the platinum elite add over the island elite?  Thanks in advance. 

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 06:01:48 pm »
You're making me dust off the memory but I'll try and highlight...

You go from 2 DirectFlo seats to 5 (or 4 on the smaller unit).  The warranty has an upgrade but I fail to remember the specifics.  The LED lighting package is the most that they have to offer.  The cabinet is upgraded too.  I believe there is an ABS pan on the Platinum Elites.  And they have (name may not be correct) the largest ozone package available- Diamond AOP.  Its 2 separate ozonators (one UV and one CD) and a huge mixing chamber built in. 

When you add the extra motors, your jet count skyrockets too. 

I am sure there are other differences but I just cannot remember.  I admire Artesian Spas.  Of the remaining large independents out there (Along with Marquis, Bullfrog, Master) I think they compare well to anything that is available. 

I hope this helps.  Good luck moving forward.

jjackkrash

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 12:46:53 am »
Thanks, that was very helpful. 

ratking20

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 12:33:25 am »
im gonna start looking at the island series first. not looking to break the bank. but will try the island elites as well

Sam

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2018, 12:39:22 pm »
What particular model?  I've spent a lot experimenting and thinking about this and I think the Island Spas are quite possibly the best bang for buck in that price range.  I've sort of come up with what I feel is the best configurations when trying to remain within a budget.  For instance, on the Antigua I feel the sweet spot is the 45 jet with dual footblasters, dynapoint LED, 5 year warranty upgrade, and Crystal ProPure, abs basepan, and tranquility fall.  The higher jet count on this one adds jets that don't really do a whole lot in the grand scheme of things.

ratking20

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2018, 10:14:21 pm »
im gonna start by looking at the grand bahama and the grand cayman. i think it will fit where i plan to put it. so next question would be lounge or not? a wet test is probably the only way to determine that. most of the time it will just be the 2 of us. but i do know that i want it to be comfortable for 4 and possible for 6!  the antigua might be a little small for what i want. are there any models i should be looking at to accomplish this?i will worry about the jet options/warranty later.

Sam

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2018, 11:54:10 am »
Grand Bahama, imo.  You don't have to sit in the lounger but it's nice to have when you want it. 

ratking20

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2018, 04:03:09 pm »
anyone have a price on the island grand bahama???

Sam

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2018, 05:29:36 pm »
See my post above.  There are quite a few variables that can have a significant effect on price.

ratking20

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2018, 01:27:12 am »
i get it.  but does anyone have a baseline?

flamingoezz

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2018, 08:58:32 pm »
I was recently quoted 9K for Artesian Island Elite, and 10K for Grand Bahamas Elite. Not apples to apples, but maybe that'll help you get an idea.  I'm located in NJ

i get it.  but does anyone have a baseline?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2018, 08:58:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42