What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Looked at a Bullfrog R7 - are these too good to be true?  (Read 3572 times)

kniquy

Looked at a Bullfrog R7 - are these too good to be true?
« on: August 04, 2018, 10:53:10 pm »
We ventured to a dealer and checked out the bullfrog series of tub - not knowing too much about these we were rather impressed with the innovative design and the fact that there is very little piping within the tub. 

The jet packs are fine - we don't really see a need to be interchanging but do see how if one malfunctions that it is probably pretty easy to change out or bring it in for repair.  It sounds like the jetpack technology has been around for about 10 years + (correct me if I am wrong). 

I guess we are skeptical because it is such a foreign concept in hot tubs, but totally make sense to not have the spaghetti of tubing.

We got a price of $9000 (cover, stairs, starter chemicals) not including tax.  Not sure if this is a fair deal or is there room for negotiation.

Hot Tub Forum

Looked at a Bullfrog R7 - are these too good to be true?
« on: August 04, 2018, 10:53:10 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Looked at a Bullfrog R7 - are these too good to be true?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 07:30:56 am »
We ventured to a dealer and checked out the bullfrog series of tub - not knowing too much about these we were rather impressed with the innovative design and the fact that there is very little piping within the tub. 

The jet packs are fine - we don't really see a need to be interchanging but do see how if one malfunctions that it is probably pretty easy to change out or bring it in for repair.  It sounds like the jetpack technology has been around for about 10 years + (correct me if I am wrong). 

I guess we are skeptical because it is such a foreign concept in hot tubs, but totally make sense to not have the spaghetti of tubing.

We got a price of $9000 (cover, stairs, starter chemicals) not including tax.  Not sure if this is a fair deal or is there room for negotiation.

BF makes a fine tub, as good as several others. But not better.
Retired

HT34

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 09:19:08 am »
A few things:

1.  Bullfrog is a solid company that does mostly everything right.

2.  That is a great price for a R7.  I was quoted $10,600 for one (same things you are getting and my price doesn't include tax, either).  So we're talking $11,000+.

3.  For my price of $10,600, i looked elsewhere.  I am able to get a really nice tub from Marquis or Artesian (still deciding) for MUCH less....like $2,000-$3,000 less.  IMO, i would cross shop some and see what you like best.  However, at that bullfrog price, it seems pretty on par with what other companies may cost you.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 09:22:54 am by HT34 »

Sam

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 03:53:05 pm »

Jetpaks came out in 1996.  This is the 2nd iteration.  That is a good price that you are being offered.  I personally put Bullfrog in my top 5 manufacturers.

newtohottubbing

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2018, 08:33:49 pm »
I’ve searched a lot on this forum and you’ll hear of some really good deals on the A8, but those seem to be the exception.   The price I got for the R7 was around 9,500 excluding tax. 

The price you got for 9,000 sounds very good.   Did you look at the A7?  If so, did you get a price on it?  I’m currently thinking of the A7, but the price jump at the place I’m looking is around 2,000.   I haven’t negotiated yet, but hoping to be around 10,500 for the A7.

Interested to hear what you end up doing. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2018, 08:33:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42