What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis The Wish - Anyone?  (Read 5455 times)

glancyoaks

Marquis The Wish - Anyone?
« on: July 29, 2018, 12:26:39 pm »
Hello, Someone on here recommended The Wish to me because of it's more varied seating heights. Thank you! My question. Does anyone own this tub and what do you think? Has anyone tested it and same question. Finally, has anyone heard if is difficult to work on? I mean that wishbone is right where the units are located. Thank you!

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis The Wish - Anyone?
« on: July 29, 2018, 12:26:39 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Marquis The Wish - Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 08:25:19 pm »
Great tub, plenty of power. Panel is a bit tricky to get off but it’s the same to work on that tub as any other Marquis. The only downfall to that tub is because of the seating arrangement it’s not really a 5 person Tub. Great 3 person Tub or family Tub.

MarKee

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 04:11:06 am »
It’s one of my favorite tubs. Very comfortable and one of the best for therapy. The captain’s chair is awesome, and you can put an entire pump on your lower back and the geyser jet on your feet at the same time.  Great looking tub when you order it with the matching step that fits the concave front.  One of the cool-off seats is also incredibly comfortable. Like hottubguy said, it’s 3-4 comfortable. 5 or more will be a tight squeeze.

glancyoaks

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 12:23:41 pm »
You guys are awesome - thanks!
Does the back side of the step"square off" the concave or stick out further like a normal step?

MarKee

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 01:30:43 pm »
The step is tear dropped shape, so it fits in to the concave design of the cabinet, but it also sticks out a little bit more than if you were to measure a 7'x7' square.  If you were looking at a 7'x7' square tub with steps, the Wish will definitely save you some space where the steps are.

Here is a good picture of one with steps:

http://lancashirehottubs.com/images/signature_series_page/wish/wish-hot-tub-cedar-tree.png

drprwnap

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2018, 06:24:31 pm »
Be careful with Marquis. As a former Epic owner, they are quite expensive to repair. I chose to sell mine when I needed a new board. This would be the THIRD board in 14 years. The first replacement board came after 7 years.  So, a new board every 7 years?!? At the cost of $585 plus installation, I was angry, especially since you can't buy this part online. I did like the tub, just too expensive to keep running.
Lovin' Spatopia in my Epic!

glancyoaks

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 06:43:58 pm »
Great picture - I understand!

MarKee

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2018, 07:07:28 pm »
Be careful with Marquis. As a former Epic owner, they are quite expensive to repair. I chose to sell mine when I needed a new board. This would be the THIRD board in 14 years. The first replacement board came after 7 years.  So, a new board every 7 years?!? At the cost of $585 plus installation, I was angry, especially since you can't buy this part online. I did like the tub, just too expensive to keep running.

Having been around these spas for the last 15 years, it's rare to ever see 1 PC board go bad.  3 sounds very bizarre, and something leads me to believe there is other attributing factors.  Things that can wear on PC boards are extreme heat in the cabinet, wire gauge sizes being incorrect, and wire connections somewhere in the multiple connections getting to the spa not having the right contacts.

Marquis uses Balboa electronics which are the industry standard for reliability.  It's unfortunate to hear about 3 PC boards, but just know that your case is very different from the norm.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2018, 07:07:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42