What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi Smart Tub Upgrade  (Read 5240 times)

Baleklocoon

Jacuzzi Smart Tub Upgrade
« on: July 28, 2018, 12:35:19 pm »
If I buy my Jacuzzi this weekend I can get the smart tub upgrade for free. I'm wondering if that's even an upgrade I want. What's the benefit? Turning on the heat before I get home? I plan to just leave it on 24-7, and I feel like additional electronics is just one more thing that could break or go wrong. I'm totally fine just using buttons to control my spa. Any advice?

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi Smart Tub Upgrade
« on: July 28, 2018, 12:35:19 pm »

Sam

Re: Jacuzzi Smart Tub Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 02:15:12 pm »
I don't have any experience with Jacuzzi's version but generally speaking, I have not found them to be an upgrade that I recommend on the brands that I work with.  It's usually not worth it to change temperature up and down like that.  It's typically more efficient to maintain a constant temperature, unless maybe you'll be away for awhile.

Baleklocoon

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2018, 02:47:32 pm »
Thank you sir. That's what I was thinking.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 05:32:51 pm »
  True stuff!    And no stereo...

Baleklocoon

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 11:16:55 am »
Just to be clear, I plan to not accept the smart tub upgrade even though it is free.  I just feel like a crazy person for not accepting free stuff, but I can't think of any benefits of the upgrade.  Only potential complications.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 12:57:05 pm »
 Is there anything else they are charging you for to make up for it?   Steps, lift? 

Sam

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2018, 03:58:18 pm »
Yeah, nothing is free

Baleklocoon

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 03:28:30 pm »
It was a Jacuzzi factory promotion that ended July 31st (not sure if Jacuzzi pays for it or force the dealer to pay for it or a combination of the two).  Free Smart Tub upgrade OR 0% APR 48 month financing. I ended up ordering my tub on August 4th after the promotion was over.  Wasn't interested in the upgrade or financing.

Sam

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 06:14:51 pm »
I'm not exactly sure how Jacuzzi does it but typically manufacturers will "buy down" the cost of financing, which means there is still a significant cost to the dealer but it's less than they would normally pay.  No interest financing is expensive. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 06:14:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42