What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: A real honest hot tub experience!  (Read 2530 times)

glancyoaks

A real honest hot tub experience!
« on: July 27, 2018, 06:18:41 pm »
Wow! After having a less than joyful experience several weeks ago, I hit up another Marquis dealer where I am vacationing by a famous big blue lake. What a difference! This man took the time to answer all my questions, did not attempt to stear the conversation his way except to offer a suggestion, had answers, and when he didn’t have answers he looked things up and printed out the data. There is plenty of info for your questions! I found the depth of each seat in each tub I was thinking of. It was a great experience. I even have a printout of all his prices. Now, the unfortunate thing is that while he can drop deliver the spa, he is not allowed to honor the warranty because I live out of his area. What a drag - I would give this guy my business and even pay for his travel. Now, I know why the other guy can be as he was. Marquis has determined that he is the only game in town. Well, that does not help me any  :(

Hot Tub Forum

A real honest hot tub experience!
« on: July 27, 2018, 06:18:41 pm »

The Wizard of Spas

Re: A real honest hot tub experience!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 06:26:34 pm »
The way a hot tub "feels" to you is 50% of the equation, but the other 50% is indeed the dealer.  Marquis is an excellent brand with a stellar reputation (no- I do not work for them so you know that I say that in earnest) so that part of your issue is covered. Though I am unfamiliar with your specific previous experience, if your salesperson wasn't as knowledgeable of friendly but they have good enough reviews online for delivery, service, you may still be in business, since the other salesperson squared you away.

Sorry you had a bad experience with a salesperson.  I hope it just wasn't his day- Maybe try a second attempt to see if there is someone else who can assist you?

Good luck moving forward.

d00nut

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2018, 01:53:31 pm »
I've always believed that a great dealer can make an okay product good.  And a bad dealer can make a great product bad.

Things happen.  I've been a HSS dealer for a long time, a great brand for sure, but they are not immune to issues.  I recently had a dead on arrival hot tub board (happens every once in awhile to everyone.)  However, I have 2 full time service vans and stock parts here at the store.  The customer was a bit sad when we couldn't fire up the hot tub right then and there at delivery, however, we had them up and running within 2 hours as we got an emergency tech out there asap.

On the flip side.  A lot of dealers in the area outsource their technicians and service.  They don't stock parts... which means you could in theory wait weeks before having a brand new hot tub work... not cool.

I would choose a subpar product with a great dealer over a great product with a bad dealer... every day of the week.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 05:50:27 pm »
 We run against the same thing, S--t happens.  It's why I hate having a spa delivered on Friday.  Something happens, customer can't get a hold of someone (rare) But if they can't by Monday, they are usually pretty pissed.   80% of the time it is usually the electrician in many cases the consumer that said he knew what he was doing.   

I have found over the course of 18 years from delivery & service to sales and service manager and beyond now.  That a spa customer can be like that one person at DMV or the return line in a Wal-Mart.   Fine one minute, off the wall and ready to set your hair on fire and put it out with a rake the next.   Then comes the what are you going to do for me, for my pain and suffering.   ::)    Again rare, but it happens..   

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 05:50:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42