What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Experience with Essential Arbor 20?  (Read 6912 times)

emt1581

Re: Experience with Essential Arbor 20?
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2018, 06:09:10 pm »

When the spa bodies are made they come out of the machine as 1 piece. They then cut large holes in the bottom and install the plumbing through that bottom and then foam it through those holes. You work through those same holes if you had to do a repair but its not commonly needed. You don't really see round acrylic spas much anymore (not much demand?) but I think most every roto mold spa maker (and there are more than just the 2 mentioned) has a round version that they sell through dealers and on-line (Amazon, Costco, Lowes, Home Depot, Walmart ...) probably partially because they've had the molds for a long time so why not keep making them as requested. Just make sure whatever you buy is actually insulated.

I'm not sure if I posted it here or not but the outer shell is fully insulated.  The middle part with all the hoses has no foam in it from what I was told.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2018, 06:09:10 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2018, 06:28:04 pm »
It will NOT be easy unless the jets are designed to be front convertible and from his comments they clearly are not so you should drop that idea altogether.

I was just discussing it with my secretaries, one of which has a pretty nice hot tub.  They questioned the importance of having jets that are directional.  The one that owns one said some of hers are but that when she wants a spot hit she just repositions herself. 

Are the lack of directional jets a deal breaker?  Something I'm pondering at this point.  It would just be so great to have a tub I can come home to and relax in every day!!

You're looking at a bologna sandwich and wishing it tasted like a hamburger or even a steak.

You can get spas with directional jets, rotating jets, jets with lights in them, jets of many sizes... but not in the model you're looking at. You need to accept that or step up to another model/class of spa.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 06:31:36 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

emt1581

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2018, 06:38:13 pm »
You're looking at a bologna sandwich and wishing it tasted like a hamburger or even a steak.

You can get spas with directional jets, rotating jets, jets with lights in them, jets of many sizes... but not in the model you're looking at. You need to accept that or step up to another model/class of spa.

While I comprehend the difference.  I am not experienced enough to know....again, as a first/basic hot tub...is that still going to be enjoyable and yielding satisfaction on the purchase or will it suck and then be a $2300 mistake? 

Some of that is subjective.  I'm just asking for it to be put in perspective by those with more experience.

EDIT:  And when it comes to lumbar pain and just general relaxation of muscles....with this do the job?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 10:10:36 pm by emt1581 »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2018, 01:02:54 am »

While I comprehend the difference.  I am not experienced enough to know....again, as a first/basic hot tub...is that still going to be enjoyable and yielding satisfaction on the purchase or will it suck and then be a $2300 mistake? 

Some of that is subjective.  I'm just asking for it to be put in perspective by those with more experience.

EDIT:  And when it comes to lumbar pain and just general relaxation of muscles....with this do the job?

If you are looking for any real degree of hydrotherapy then I'd look elsewhere because it'll be on the very low end compared to what you'll get from a mid range spa let alone a premium spa. If you're just looking for a no frills hot tub that will pretty much just provide hot water and not much else then it'll work and there's nothing wrong with that. In fact sometimes I like to just go in and sit peacefully in the hot water without the jets on.

Also, I always wonder about how well it'll insulate (and I have no opinion of this maker). The fact that someone who sells them or works at the factory says its well insulated doesn't have much meaning to me.

emt1581

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2018, 09:43:42 pm »
If you are looking for any real degree of hydrotherapy then I'd look elsewhere because it'll be on the very low end compared to what you'll get from a mid range spa let alone a premium spa. If you're just looking for a no frills hot tub that will pretty much just provide hot water and not much else then it'll work and there's nothing wrong with that. In fact sometimes I like to just go in and sit peacefully in the hot water without the jets on.

Also, I always wonder about how well it'll insulate (and I have no opinion of this maker). The fact that someone who sells them or works at the factory says its well insulated doesn't have much meaning to me.

What I'm learning is that there is a high degree of variation in the different classes of hot tubs.  Like a total and complete difference as opposed to the leather vs. fabric seats you might find when car shopping.  It's like comparing a Yugo to a Rolls in some cases.  The problem that presents is I'm not nearly experienced and educated enough (when it comes to hot tubs) to know what is quality and what is crap.  But it's becoming painfully obvious that I've been considering just the crap. 

At the same time, I have the flexibility to increase my budget...I just don't want to get carried away even if that means buying no hot tub at all.  I don't need frills (color changing jets, speakers, flux capacitor, etc.).  I'm looking for year round enjoyment, room for at least 4 adults and 1 kid, durability, low maintenance and jets that can actually relieve tense muscles. 

Another member suggested this model...

https://www.wayfair.com/outdoor/pdp/cyanna-valley-spas-5-person-20-jet-spa-with-led-lights-cvas1000.html

Are we getting warmer??

Thanks!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2018, 11:18:43 am »

What I'm learning is that there is a high degree of variation in the different classes of hot tubs.  Like a total and complete difference as opposed to the leather vs. fabric seats you might find when car shopping.  It's like comparing a Yugo to a Rolls in some cases.  The problem that presents is I'm not nearly experienced and educated enough (when it comes to hot tubs) to know what is quality and what is crap.  But it's becoming painfully obvious that I've been considering just the crap. 

At the same time, I have the flexibility to increase my budget...I just don't want to get carried away even if that means buying no hot tub at all.  I don't need frills (color changing jets, speakers, flux capacitor, etc.).  I'm looking for year round enjoyment, room for at least 4 adults and 1 kid, durability, low maintenance and jets that can actually relieve tense muscles. 

Another member suggested this model...

https://www.wayfair.com/outdoor/pdp/cyanna-valley-spas-5-person-20-jet-spa-with-led-lights-cvas1000.html

Are we getting warmer??

Thanks!

Getting warmer? If you've increased your budget I wonder how since that is toward the low end of entry level. There is NOTHING wrong with getting that spa as long as you know that what you are getting is a bare bones spa for a bare bones price. That spa will be pretty much devoid of hydrotherapy, its a crap shoot on the insulation(I have no idea what it has), I wonder if it has a heater, its a single level height spa not exactly designed for comfort (then again round spas are not the most comfortable by definition) and you will be the repair tech (though its basic enough that a half way competent DIYer can handle most things). I agree that fancy lights and waterfalls are not necessary but as along as you're just looking for something that will get you hot water then it may fit the bill though I see no mention of a heater so I think that may be the type using heat recovery to warm the spa which takes forever to get up to temp and will have serious trouble maintaining temp when in use unless you're in a mild climate.

I agree that fancy lights and waterfalls are simply not necessary so skipping frills is fine but some cutbacks will be missed. As along as you're just looking for something that will get you hot water (and keep it hot during use) then maybe it fits the bill.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2018, 11:18:43 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42