What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What do I do after seeing OH  (Read 3681 times)

b_Rennan06

What do I do after seeing OH
« on: June 21, 2018, 09:08:52 am »
I went to get in my hot tub and the screen was showing OH. Shortly after the tub turned off and now it won’t turn back on. I’ve tried calling local hot tub business with no success. The water has since cooled down. The spa lights work. But the heater and the jets no longer turn on. I read something about a reset button. I’ve not been able to locate such button. I’m not sure what to do now? Any advice would be appreciated! The brand of the hot tub is jacuzzi whirlpool

Hot Tub Forum

What do I do after seeing OH
« on: June 21, 2018, 09:08:52 am »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: What do I do after seeing OH
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 06:17:56 am »
I went to get in my hot tub and the screen was showing OH. Shortly after the tub turned off and now it won’t turn back on. I’ve tried calling local hot tub business with no success. The water has since cooled down. The spa lights work. But the heater and the jets no longer turn on. I read something about a reset button. I’ve not been able to locate such button. I’m not sure what to do now? Any advice would be appreciated! The brand of the hot tub is jacuzzi whirlpool

Turn off the main breaker to the tub for 10 minutes. While your waiting check your filters. Do you clean them regularly?
Retired

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 07:41:24 am »
Ohio State fans would respond,  "IO!"

« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 07:43:06 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

b_Rennan06

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 09:02:39 am »
Yes I’ve shut off the main power. And have checked the filter and replaced it but still having the same problem..

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2018, 06:36:26 am »
Yes I’ve shut off the main power. And have checked the filter and replaced it but still having the same problem..

Give us some information on your tub. Year, make and model.
Retired

b_Rennan06

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2018, 11:21:52 am »
I bought it used. It’s a jacuzzi whirlpool spa bath. I’m not sure what the year is exactly. And I believe the model is z150.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2018, 07:09:02 am »
I bought it used. It’s a jacuzzi whirlpool spa bath. I’m not sure what the year is exactly. And I believe the model is z150.

Well OH errors are indicative of low pump flow. If the pump is not pushing enough water while it's circulating during a heating cycle it will show an OH code.
Retired

b_Rennan06

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2018, 07:40:47 am »
Ok. So what do i do now?  How do I make sure the pump is getting enough water?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2018, 06:24:14 pm »
Ok. So what do i do now?  How do I make sure the pump is getting enough water?

There is no real easy way to determine if there is the proper amount of flow from the pump. Do you have a local tech who can remove the pump and determine this for you?

If the pump is original to the tub or is more than 6-8 years old it could be the culprit. Are you handy?
Retired

b_Rennan06

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2018, 11:23:57 am »
Don’t really have a local tech. I’ve called a few different places and didn’t have any luck. Therefore I guess I kinda have to be handy. I do believe the pump is older than 6-8 years.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2018, 05:51:57 pm »
Don’t really have a local tech. I’ve called a few different places and didn’t have any luck. Therefore I guess I kinda have to be handy. I do believe the pump is older than 6-8 years.

Because I am not familiar with the brand, is there more than one pump? You say it's a spa bath, so you drain it after you use it? Is the plumbing original? Is it possible it has been modified and not priming properly?
Retired

b_Rennan06

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2018, 07:42:49 am »
It says jacuzzi whirlpool spa bath on the tag. It’s an outdoor spa. I do not drain it after every use. I purchased it a couple months ago. Filled it up with water. It worked good for a bit then one day I went out after the automatic run cycle and that’s when it stated OH on the screen. I then took some of the water out and put in cold to cool it down. The temp dropped but quickly raised back up to 109 degrees. And that’s when the jets shut off. Actually everything shut off then. Only the spa light comes on now. The water is now cooled down. It’s actually cold. But I still can’t get the heater or the jets to turn on.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2018, 07:42:49 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42