What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Circulation, recirculation pump 24/7 or set to "rest" a couple times a day  (Read 1602 times)

mikebp

[New Artesian Island Elite spa]

The spa is default to continuous 24hr circulation for heat and filtering.  I understand pump on/off is more wear & tear on pump.  But so is running 24/7.  24/7 is also continual power use.  Is continual operation more efficient (ie lower heater setting over longer duration - also saving on heater element life) or???

How to determine the Optimum Circulation Pump Setting (Captiva Elite for 2 ppl).  Default is 12+12 hrs (24hrs 7 days a week) - always on.  Seems like for warmer months 8 and 8 with two 4hr breaks (or perhaps even 6 and 6) would extend pump life with nominal effect on heating and filtering.   During Winter I would bump up or reset the circulation pump to run longer or continuous (12+12) to allow continual low level heating.  Looking for optimum power efficiency and pump life.

Welcome all Thoughts and input!

Hot Tub Forum

Sam

I recommend keeping it 24/7.  Your ozone or UVC system is only operating when the pump is.  Those pumps are designed to run constantly and use very little energy. 

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42