What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Change top mount to bottom mount lifter  (Read 1922 times)

Scooter2

Change top mount to bottom mount lifter
« on: June 13, 2018, 09:15:02 pm »
Bought brand new hot tub that we love. Came with free cover and lifter. Maybe should have known better but free meant the cheapest lifter available. Top mount non hydraulic - really don’t like it. We want a bottom mount hydraulic so that it is easy to move and doesn’t block our view to the back. Problem is - now I have these top mount brackets screwed into the side of the tub. Any advice? I’m afraid if I remove the top mount brackets it will just look like crap.

Hot Tub Forum

Change top mount to bottom mount lifter
« on: June 13, 2018, 09:15:02 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Change top mount to bottom mount lifter
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 12:28:51 am »
 Don't believe I have ever seen a btm mount hydraulic cover lift.    If the one you have now is a covermate 1 lift?  Literally millions have been sold or given away "for free".  It is not considered a "cheap" lift and will last a long time.   

That said you might look at the cover butler or covermate 2 but a lot depends on which brand spa you have. 

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 11:40:10 am »
Bought brand new hot tub that we love. Came with free cover and lifter. Maybe should have known better but free meant the cheapest lifter available. Top mount non hydraulic - really don’t like it. We want a bottom mount hydraulic so that it is easy to move and doesn’t block our view to the back. Problem is - now I have these top mount brackets screwed into the side of the tub. Any advice? I’m afraid if I remove the top mount brackets it will just look like crap.

You may not love it but you open it how many times per week? Why not let it be until the time at which it truly is failing or are you saying it is not working now?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 11:40:10 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42