What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog R5L  (Read 8521 times)

Baleklocoon

Re: Bullfrog R5L
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2018, 07:30:11 pm »
Maybe you can set me back on track, but the reason I am hesitant about Bullfrog is every Bullfrog I tested had something "broken" in it. None of these were big issues, but still. The knobs to turn on/off the jet packs had fallen off, a jet from one of the non-jetpack seats came completely off when I tried to turn it off, and one of the jetpack on/off knobs would turn indefinitely. You had to find the "sweet spot" for max power and for off when it should be off when turned all the way in one direction and on when turned the other. Like I said none of these were major issues but I assume the floor models are relatively new and it was a bit concerning.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2018, 07:30:11 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2018, 09:46:02 am »
Maybe you can set me back on track, but the reason I am hesitant about Bullfrog is every Bullfrog I tested had something "broken" in it. None of these were big issues, but still. The knobs to turn on/off the jet packs had fallen off, a jet from one of the non-jetpack seats came completely off when I tried to turn it off, and one of the jetpack on/off knobs would turn indefinitely. You had to find the "sweet spot" for max power and for off when it should be off when turned all the way in one direction and on when turned the other. Like I said none of these were major issues but I assume the floor models are relatively new and it was a bit concerning.

Hard to say, the new jet pack controls are only a 1/4 turn to turn off, so it's an older model.  The jet that fell out happens if you spin it to far, but it should stop before that.   The dealer or salesman again is an idiot or just lazy.       Jacuzzi never offered the J-315 with the higher HP pump, but then we have not sold them in 4 years.    If you have doubts on the Bullfrog, go elsewhere.   But I have sold quite a few  with very little problems.

DJJ

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2018, 02:59:46 pm »
I purchased an R5L about 6 months ago. I love the tub and I actually find the jets TOO powerful. I have to dial them down. Believe me, the power of the jets will never be a problem.

Sam

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2018, 05:13:34 pm »
The R5L will be at least as powerful as the R7 if you go with the 220v standard version.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2018, 05:13:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42