What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi brand w/ Chinese pumps?  (Read 8391 times)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Jacuzzi brand w/ Chinese pumps?
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2018, 12:17:31 pm »
Do you dislike the Chinese motors aspect b/c the product is made overseas?  If so- Jacuzzi is made in Mexico.  Just tossing that out there.  To some- that is important. To others, not so much.

I don't want to get into a whole illegal immigration debate here, but I've figured a few good jobs over there can't hurt.  My only disappointment with my made in Mexico tub was 1. Sloppy looking wiring. (Everything works, so it was wired right)  2. Left over sawdust inside the cabinet that wasn't cleaned up prior to shipment, but the tub is still good.

No worries- And wasn't trying to stir the pot either.  I work for a manufacturer based in the US and it is nice to employ people in the city where I reside.  But I also don't tell people how to spend their money and to each there own so I don't press the issue.  And we all know that not everything you can buy in the industry is going to be made in the USA, no matter how hard you try.

You aren't the only poster here who brings the subject up when they see a window directly (or indirectly) into the subject and its understandable with your link to Artesian. What we don't know is what % of people this matters to and to what extent.

I also wonder what people in foreign countries say about buying a hot tub exported from the US since every major US maker exports all over the globe?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2018, 12:17:31 pm »

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2018, 07:16:27 pm »
Do you dislike the Chinese motors aspect b/c the product is made overseas?  If so- Jacuzzi is made in Mexico.  Just tossing that out there.  To some- that is important. To others, not so much.

I don't want to get into a whole illegal immigration debate here, but I've figured a few good jobs over there can't hurt.  My only disappointment with my made in Mexico tub was 1. Sloppy looking wiring. (Everything works, so it was wired right)  2. Left over sawdust inside the cabinet that wasn't cleaned up prior to shipment, but the tub is still good.

No worries- And wasn't trying to stir the pot either.  I work for a manufacturer based in the US and it is nice to employ people in the city where I reside.  But I also don't tell people how to spend their money and to each there own so I don't press the issue.  And we all know that not everything you can buy in the industry is going to be made in the USA, no matter how hard you try.

You aren't the only poster here who brings the subject up when they see a window directly (or indirectly) into the subject and its understandable with your link to Artesian. What we don't know is what % of people this matters to and to what extent.

I also wonder what people in foreign countries say about buying a hot tub exported from the US since every major US maker exports all over the globe?

That is an interesting question-  I am not associated with Artesian Spas as I no longer work for a dealer but I now work for a manufacturer and I do know that our UK dealers do promote "made in the USA" as a selling tool, signifying that it is quality-made (which is kind of surreal).  Their reasoning is that some Chinese-made brands (that they've carried) just are not on the same level as US-brands (overall quality of US tubs > Chinese tubs).  I did ask about some European tubs and they didn't have as much input, save for a few dealers who've carried them and weren't impressed. 

Your question is fascinating and I'd be interested in other perspectives. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2018, 06:31:38 am »
I think the people who use the "buy American" mantra should take a closer look at their lives.
Retired

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2018, 11:09:48 am »

That is an interesting question-  I am not associated with Artesian Spas as I no longer work for a dealer but I now work for a manufacturer and I do know that our UK dealers do promote "made in the USA" as a selling tool, signifying that it is quality-made (which is kind of surreal).  Their reasoning is that some Chinese-made brands (that they've carried) just are not on the same level as US-brands (overall quality of US tubs > Chinese tubs).  I did ask about some European tubs and they didn't have as much input, save for a few dealers who've carried them and weren't impressed. 

Your question is fascinating and I'd be interested in other perspectives.

OK my mistake, I thought you had said you went from an Artesian dealer to working at the Artesian manufacturing facility.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2018, 11:09:48 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42