What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Modular slab or poured concrete? White shell color?  (Read 2531 times)

Annecal

Modular slab or poured concrete? White shell color?
« on: May 19, 2018, 10:00:19 pm »
Hello again,
The modular slab is appealing to us, the hot tub will be on a graded lawn in Massachusetts. Any reason we should go with poured concrete slab instead? We want to do it right the first time.

We're ordering the Caldera Tahitian tomorrow, and I'm liking he arctic white shell color, I think it's clean looking and will showcase the lights, but as we've never had a tub before, is white a drawback in any way?

Thanks in advance. I'm so glad to have your advice!

Annie

Hot Tub Forum

Modular slab or poured concrete? White shell color?
« on: May 19, 2018, 10:00:19 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Modular slab or poured concrete? White shell color?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 10:12:28 pm »
Modular slab is fine. Make sure it’s graded properly and all loom is removed. Have you seen the alpine white in person?  I personally like the sterling a little more. But that is just my preference. Alpine white is literally pure white whereas the sterling has some blackish streaks in it that I prefer. Which cabinet color?  Tell Chris he owes the Caldera dealer in Lakeville a beer 🙂

Annecal

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 12:07:11 am »
I'll tell him! I think they have a platinum sample at the store but not arctic white. I'll look when we're there, from the website pics platinum looked more pearly grey. Planning on a grey cabinet.

I really appreciate your advice. If you ever need help with event planning, cruising, knitting or writing, I'm here for you!  ;D

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 01:42:52 am »
Go with platinum and grey, driftwood or coastal siding which ever they call it!  9 out of 10 dentist approve! 

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2018, 10:11:12 am »
I'll tell him! I think they have a platinum sample at the store but not arctic white. I'll look when we're there, from the website pics platinum looked more pearly grey. Planning on a grey cabinet.

I really appreciate your advice. If you ever need help with event planning, cruising, knitting or writing, I'm here for you!  ;D

Platinum is grey like a stainless steel look. Sterling is the other color I was talking about

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2018, 10:46:40 am »

Platinum is grey like a stainless steel look. Sterling is the other color I was talking about

So yes then, sterling would be what I am referring to.   In Bullfrogs color palette platinum is sterling and titanium is the stainless look.   Still a popular choice though.   

Annecal

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2018, 06:31:29 pm »
The sterling wasn't an option in the utopia series, and the platinum was very silvery grey, just a bit too pearlized, so we did end up going arctic white, with the grey cabinet. I just like the clean simple color palate and I think the white will show off the lighting better.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2018, 09:45:15 pm »
Sorry I meant pearl. If you like white then you will like arctic!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2018, 09:45:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42