What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: filtration pump runs nonstop  (Read 1756 times)

thoskins64

filtration pump runs nonstop
« on: May 17, 2018, 12:09:02 pm »
I have a hot spot relay 2012-2013 model made by Watkins, I bought is used and the filtration pump kept coming on by itself and Watkins customer service and my spa tech said I needed a new board, he talked me into a cheaper system made by United Spas.  we have changed out the board, heater, and control panel three times and we still have the same issue with the filtration motor coming on and staying on for several hours and longer. I don't think it is the board at this point. does anyone know what else I can try.  could it be a faulty pump some how?

Hot Tub Forum

filtration pump runs nonstop
« on: May 17, 2018, 12:09:02 pm »

Sam

Re: filtration pump runs nonstop
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 01:50:50 pm »
Sounds like filtration settings are off but I can't imagine people that knew what they were doing would replace multiple components without checking that.  Weird.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 02:04:19 pm »
Exactly, what Sam said, the first thing to check is the settings on the control panel but certainly they checked that so it would be the board next. The pump only gets powered when the board decides to turn it on so its not the pump.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

thoskins64

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 03:36:15 pm »
I know its weird. the settings are set correctly according to the manual and the tech support. I cant figure out why it keeps coming on. everything else works properly. I had the electrician come back out and double check that I was getting proper voltage and everything correctly.  he said everything was hooked up fine. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 03:36:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42