What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Vita Presteige tubs  (Read 2474 times)

wetman

Vita Presteige tubs
« on: March 15, 2018, 11:32:29 pm »
I tried asking for input on this brand once before but got no replies so trying again!
Thanks in advance

Hot Tub Forum

Vita Presteige tubs
« on: March 15, 2018, 11:32:29 pm »

castletonia

Re: Vita Presteige tubs
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 07:52:23 am »
Vita is made by Maax.  Maax is a middle of the road manufacturer.  They use off the shelf components from the likes of Waterway, Balboa, Gecko, Aqua-Flo, etc.  My only complaints would be I don’t believe their method of insulation is very efficient and Maax is just difficult to deal with.

wetman

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 02:05:03 pm »
lots of views but only 1 reply? guess no one on here owns a Vita, HUH?

Sam

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 02:58:38 pm »
There are many better options out there for similar pricing.

Livefast

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 10:00:38 pm »
For some reason i believe there are allot of dealers on this forum and they really dislike maax/ vita . Looked into all brands of tub.  Wet tested lots as well.  We bought a 480 maax last fall. Love it! No regrets!! Many ppl said insulated poor...... well i live in Canada and it preformed well!! Use it every day. Coldest day was -38c tub stayed nice and toasty!!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2018, 10:58:45 pm »
For some reason i believe there are allot of dealers on this forum and they really dislike maax/ vita . Looked into all brands of tub.  Wet tested lots as well.  We bought a 480 maax last fall. Love it! No regrets!! Many ppl said insulated poor...... well i live in Canada and it preformed well!! Use it every day. Coldest day was -38c tub stayed nice and toasty!!

I don’t think anybody dislikes Maax. Looking back at your previous posts it looks like all the replies on your questions about Maax the answers were they were a middle of the road Tub. There are better options and worse options. I’d by Maax before Hydropool, Master, Cal and a few others. They aren’t nearly insulated as well as many other brands. I’m sure your electric bill is more then if you owned a well insulated tub especially in Canada. All that being said they are decent option if they are in the under $6000 range. When you get above that price point you have much better options out there. And if you live by the ocean don’t go near a Maax. I’ve seen a couple frames on those rot within 2 years on tubs near the water

castletonia

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2018, 11:23:05 pm »

I don't like or dislike Maax, just think there are better options for the money.  I do stand by my belief that they are not the best insulated, but then again, there are a lot of lesser products.  My biggest complaint with Maax is that I just don't think they are a competent company.  I dealt with them as recently as last year and the service and customer service departments seemed disorganized, not responsive to left messages, just left a lot to be desired. 

Keep in mind that I am not bashing them, just stating the opinion I have formed over my 17 years within the industry and having interaction with Maax here and there for the last 14 years.  At my job, I not only sell, but I order all parts, file all warranty claims and interact with customer service when necessary.  I don't have extra time to deal with incompetence.  After dealing with Marquis, Caldera, and Hot Spring, I don't think I could go back to dealing with other company's.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2018, 07:48:31 am »
Maxx was here in Northern Minnesota. I have serviced plenty of them. They competed with HS, Beach, Marquis, Sundance. The others cost less to operate and the word got out. They are not here anymore.
Retired

Ghvf

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2018, 05:21:52 pm »
I had a Vita for many years. It gave me nothing but problems. Dumb things like a hose was brushing against the motor and vibration opened up the hose. Had to replace pump. Circuits boards went quickly. A piece of junk. Learn from my experience and DON'T waste your hard-earned money.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2018, 05:21:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42