What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: ACE System- Yes or No?  (Read 7668 times)

bud16415

Re: ACE System- Yes or No? Or alternative Mineral Treatment
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2018, 08:01:46 am »
If you do not want to add the ACE Salt Generation option to a Hotsprings tub is it possible to utilize chlorine as a sanitizer and add a mineral supplement to give the water a silky feeling?  I'm looking for recommendations and peoples experiences.

Right now that’s whet I’m doing. I have added salt to the same level if I had a salt to chlorine system and then I do my sanitizing with Dichlor and switching to household bleach once the proper stabilizer level is reached.
whats the right stabilizer level to switch to household bleach? And how much do you use?

The test strips I use indicate Cyanuric Acid level (Stablizer) and ideal is shown as between 30-100 ppm when I reach 30-50 ppm I switch to plain unscented bleach (Clorox) or a cheaper brand. The amount you use will depend on the amount of water your tub holds and how much dichlor you normally used based on bather load etc. In my case I have about 400 gallons and use 1 tablespoon of dichlor on average to get into the 5 ppm chlorine level. You can experment to figure out your dose of bleach. I use one of those clear plactic cups for liquid laundry soap, I found works perfect. My guess is it is about a quarter cup or less.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: ACE System- Yes or No? Or alternative Mineral Treatment
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2018, 08:01:46 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42