What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: make a bubble bath  (Read 2825 times)

islandlover

make a bubble bath
« on: April 16, 2018, 01:54:59 pm »
My daughter is trying to convince me to let her add bubble bath soap to the hot tub so she can create a ton of bubbles as seen in some meme or internet posting with her friends.  My tub is old, but does work fine with no problems on the guts.  Honestly i'm debating this.  I'm trying to come up with reasons why i should not even think about it.  The only ones i have so far is that i'd have to drain and refill the tub (potentially multiple times) to purge all the sudsy water from the system.

Is there any other issues i'm not considering that i should factor into my decision?  Does soapy water damage pumps or heater elements in a short amount of time?

any suggestions on soap?  I prefer the old pink box type from mr. bubble lol.

cheers!

Hot Tub Forum

make a bubble bath
« on: April 16, 2018, 01:54:59 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: make a bubble bath
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 06:12:38 pm »
My daughter is trying to convince me to let her add bubble bath soap to the hot tub so she can create a ton of bubbles as seen in some meme or internet posting with her friends.  My tub is old, but does work fine with no problems on the guts.  Honestly i'm debating this.  I'm trying to come up with reasons why i should not even think about it.  The only ones i have so far is that i'd have to drain and refill the tub (potentially multiple times) to purge all the sudsy water from the system.

Is there any other issues i'm not considering that i should factor into my decision?  Does soapy water damage pumps or heater elements in a short amount of time?

cheers!

My first instinct is that you shouldn't let your daughter make the key decisions in the house. The next thing she'll want is to plan the meals resulting in pizza, milkshakes and cake every night!

However, as a father who knows what its like to hear "please dad", MAYBE if I couldn't resist I might allow it the day before a scheduled drain being very careful how much is used and trying to be sure  to scrub/rinse the shell very thoroughly before refilling!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 06:38:05 pm »

cheers!

My first instinct is that you shouldn't let your daughter make the key decisions in the house. The next thing she'll want is to plan the meals resulting in pizza, milkshakes and cake every night!

However, as a father who knows what its like to hear "please dad", MAYBE if I couldn't resist I might allow it the day before a scheduled drain being very careful how much is used and trying to be sure  to scrub/rinse the shell very thoroughly before refilling!

I've been convinced to do it multiple times. Not just by kids but even some adult parties. After the bubbles go down put in a purge product and run/drain/refill/run/drain/refill. It's not that bad. Come on Dad!!!
Retired

bud16415

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 11:42:42 am »
Hotels and honeymoon resorts do this and people film the tub and post them on line. It is all great fun. What they don’t tell you are these tubs are single use tubs like a big bathtub and are not hot tubs where you maintain the water for months. I would never in a million years allow my kid or anyone to talk me into this. OK maybe if Victoria’s Secrets wanted to use my tub and deck for a video shoot and I got to watch I would conceder it.

Get a kiddy pool and run a hot water hose to fill it and let go crazy with bubbles. 

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 01:49:51 pm »
Hotels and honeymoon resorts do this and people film the tub and post them on line. It is all great fun. What they don’t tell you are these tubs are single use tubs like a big bathtub and are not hot tubs where you maintain the water for months. I would never in a million years allow my kid or anyone to talk me into this. OK maybe if Victoria’s Secrets wanted to use my tub and deck for a video shoot and I got to watch I would conceder it.

Get a kiddy pool and run a hot water hose to fill it and let go crazy with bubbles.

Its not a big deal if you do it just before a planned drain to make his kid happy!

He'll need to rinse it out very well but 20 years from now she'll remember the time Dad let her make a bubble bath in the back yard with her friends and that's priceless IMO. Sometimes you have to live a little! I just wish my kids were that young again!!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 01:51:57 pm by Spatech_tuo »

bud16415

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 12:16:32 pm »

Its not a big deal if you do it just before a planned drain to make his kid happy!

He'll need to rinse it out very well but 20 years from now she'll remember the time Dad let her make a bubble bath in the back yard with her friends and that's priceless IMO. Sometimes you have to live a little! I just wish my kids were that young again!!

I do get that. Maybe it’s an old age thing and growing up in the 50’s and 60’s I know what my dad would have said. He would have said “Sure when you get a house and spend 12 grand on a tub you can put bubbles in it anytime you want.” Same way when I turned 16 and wanted to drive he said “Sure get a job buy a car and get insurance.”

The fact that the tub needs drained and cleaned and flushed after bubbles, maybe the way to go is tell her, here is the deal. We do it on Saturday and you plan on working Sunday on cleaning and filling the tub. We don’t know if she is a teen or a little kid. Or if this will be such fun that a week later you will come home to a tower of bubbles again.

Kids need parents not best friends.

I wouldn’t do it because I know what problems just come into my tub with swimsuit that don’t get rinsed enough. I’m maybe fussier than some about my water.

Looks like fun though.
In someone’s tub. Just not mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE1n8izW3EQ

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 05:44:39 pm »
That's extreme. They used 3 bottles. Just use a little and it will make plenty of bubbles and then mostly dissipate.
Retired

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 07:03:50 pm »
LOL, we were advocating a more subtle approach.

No one was suggesting following in the footsteps of a bunch of drunken frat boys making a wow-factor youtube video.

islandlover

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2018, 01:50:53 pm »
thanks for the feedback.  Sounds like the concerns i was wondering about aren't an issue.  Just the messy cleanup & drain/refill.

for the record, she's a teen.   A great kid and i'm proud to have her as my daughter.  I see no issue with having some harmless fun in life.  I did a lot worse growing up.

Cheers!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2018, 06:21:45 pm »
thanks for the feedback.  Sounds like the concerns i was wondering about aren't an issue.  Just the messy cleanup & drain/refill.

for the record, she's a teen.   A great kid and i'm proud to have her as my daughter.  I see no issue with having some harmless fun in life.  I did a lot worse growing up.

Cheers!

That's what I was thinking. Might be fun to sit back with a beverage and watch it unfold. Have a yard blower handy.

Great time to scrub down the tub and power wash.
Retired

bud16415

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2018, 11:53:18 am »
If you do proceed and she has her friends over to play in the bubbles. Be very careful about slips and falls. Bubbles on concrete, wood deck and stairs can be very slippery.

We have a friend that was 15 when she slipped on a school friends polished concrete pool surround and broke her back. The parents were lucky they had good insurance and her parents didn’t pursue it past medical bills. She ended up in a wheel chair for 5 years and was lucky with being young she slowly healed and now able to walk and back to normal.

I once built a backstop and put out bases in my backyard for my son and family parties and such. Didn’t think a thing about doing that. My insurance guy drove past and I got a call with him asking if I was crazy for doing it. I argued the point quite a bit and he called it an attractive nuisance and had me remove it. I don’t like it but it is the world we live in.

When I was a kid if a farmer had a pond we all would swim in it if the neighborhood had a vacant yard it was the ball field. Not so true today.

Just be careful.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2018, 11:53:18 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42