What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Green bubbles after algecide  (Read 1613 times)

azarett

Green bubbles after algecide
« on: April 14, 2018, 02:25:11 pm »
New tub owner ( So I stink at reading chemical tests ?) But I'm trying.

About 2 weeks ago, the water got cloudy. Hard to be sure due to color of tub, but It looked slightly green, so I thought 'algicide'
So I did. The algicide only had dosing for 10,000 pools. ( although it said pool & spa on the package)

I thought it worked because the next day, water seemed clear, and the top had a lot of green matter on the surface. I assumed the green was dead alge .

The water has been clear since then, but the angicide said to add small amount each week. Every time I add, I get green foam when the pump cycles.

It the green being caused by too much algicide ? or is it just green because I have not killed off ALL the alge ?

The darker green pic is 2 weeks ago, the smaller bubbles / lighter green is from this morning.

Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Green bubbles after algecide
« on: April 14, 2018, 02:25:11 pm »

castletonia

Re: Green bubbles after algecide
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 07:27:26 pm »
Shouldn’t need algaecide in a hot tub.  Chlorine will be enough to treat the water.  Some algaecide cause foam, the kind you are using may be one of them.

Sam

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 03:22:49 pm »
Yeah, hot tubs don't need algaecide typically because the water is not exposed to enough sunlight for it to grow.  I think the temperature is a factor as well.

Sam

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 03:23:37 pm »
Forgot to add;  I would probably just dump it and start over.  Use a good system flush product like ahh-some along with a dose of chlorine prior to draining.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 03:23:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42