What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Tropic Seas Tahiti Model - advice and price info ? Control panel confusion  (Read 5897 times)

fraff2

I may be about to buy the Tropic Seas Tahiti (8 seats).  I believe same/similar to the South Seas 965L. Quoted a price of $8999 (With Step, Delivery, Start-up kit and Rocket Cover). I am wondering if that is a good price. Another dealer says he can get me in the 965L for less than that. Will be visiting him this week. Anyone have experience with either and prices paid ?
Open to suggestions also as I am a first time spa purchaser ?
Thanks in advance for any and all advice !
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 08:15:36 pm by fraff2 »

Hot Tub Forum

Sam

That's a very fair price on the 965L.  I've seen them go for $10k.  What price are you getting on the Tropic Seas?

fraff2

I actually purchased the Tropic Seas Tahiti Elite. Since they had the tub in stock and wanted to move inventory I think I got a good deal. Paid $8600. I am a newbie to the forum and hot tub ownership so will be checking into the forum and searching for advice. Thanks for the reply. 

Sam

That's a sweet spa and a decent price.  Congrats!  Keep us posted on your experience.

fraff2

Well took delivery yesterday. Filled and let it heat up overnight. Put chems in that dealer recommended based on my water test. This is going to be a learning experience. Ph a little high, alkalinity a little low. But going in it tonight anyway. I may shock it after I get out. One other thing is figuring out the controls. I think I put it on timer or something. Then I somehow locked the control panel. After much "googling" figured out how to unlock (Hold Temp Up button then press light twice). Anyone have a guide for a Tropic Seas Tahiti Elite control panel (It has jet1, jet2, jet3, up arrow, down arrow and light button).

Happy tubing !
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 08:16:48 pm by fraff2 »

Sam

Well took delivery yesterday. Filled and let it heat up overnight. Put chems in that dealer recommended based on my water test. This is going to be a learning experience. Ph a little high, alkalinity a little low. But going in it tonight anyway. I may shock it after I get out. One other thing is figuring out the controls. I think I put it on timer or something. Then I somehow locked the control panel. After much "googling" figured out how to unlock (Hold Temp Up button then press light twice). Anyone have a guide for a Tropic Seas Tahiti Elite control panel (It has jet1, jet2, jet3, up arrow, down arrow and light button).

Happy tubing !

That info should all be in the owner's manual. 

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42