What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HotSpring Vanguard blinking red and green  (Read 2944 times)

Spiderman

HotSpring Vanguard blinking red and green
« on: March 04, 2018, 05:54:54 pm »
Did a drain and fill today and now blinking red and green on 2007 HS Vanguard.  Circ pump is running well, all jets and light work.  I've re-tripped the breaker about 10 times and still blinking.  The green LED is on on the main board so Hi limit is good.  When I turn on the 30A for the heater a green LED illuminates on the heater board.  What's the first step in troubleshooting this?  Thanks!
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Hot Tub Forum

HotSpring Vanguard blinking red and green
« on: March 04, 2018, 05:54:54 pm »

Spiderman

Re: HotSpring Vanguard blinking red and green
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 11:02:57 am »
So, the tub went to a steady red several hours after the drain and fill.  I flipped the heater breaker on and tub was at 102 this morning.  :)   Problem fixed for know, but I'm guessing either the pressure switch or the fact that it was a cold weather fill.  It was only about 36F when I filled her up, but I though cold fills only affected the hi-limit? 
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Spiderman

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 07:45:27 pm »
Problem resurfaced so I did a little troubleshooting.  I jumped the pressure switch terminal on the main board with an alligator clip and tub is working again and heating.  It's what I thought, the pressure switch so I guess I'll be ordering a new no fault heater.  (Don't worry.  I pulled the alligator clip and left the tub with blinking lights.  Circ pump is still going)

Jpoker

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 12:09:57 pm »
My vanguard did that each time I filled it. It is an airline company in the line. Not enough water flowing past the heater and it over heats and trips. The heater circuit uses the filter with 5he grey cap. I removed the filter, unscrew d the tube and added my own adapter with a quick disconnect for my fill hose and I fill the spa through this and not just in the filter compRtment. It purges all air and i never had 5he problem again.  Just FYI

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 12:09:57 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42