What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog A7 v A6  (Read 4762 times)

Melinanoel

Bullfrog A7 v A6
« on: March 28, 2018, 08:37:34 pm »
Hi!  We’re trying to decide between the A7 and A6. We can’t find anywhere to see the models to compare them and we’re hoping to hear from folks who may have the two models about their experiences. I’m concerned about the differences in pumps between the 6 (1) and 7 (2). The 6 is 10 inches smaller, one less pack and lower in cost. As far as I can tell those are the only difference. Any thoughts in making this important decision would be appreciated. Thanks. Can’t wait to be in our tub! 

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog A7 v A6
« on: March 28, 2018, 08:37:34 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Bullfrog A7 v A6
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 09:06:56 pm »
Not a dealer but I believe on here I read the other day that the A6 is now available with a 2nd pump option. Seems to be a decent amount of owners of both models on this forum. Your dealer doesn’t have either available to see?  That’s a bit weird, I thought the A7 was one of the more popular sellers. With out being able to at least sit in it dry how do you know it will be comfortable for you? 

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 10:15:49 pm »
 As far as the spa's for the price difference I would go with the A7.  That said, you could get an R8 and an extra pack for the price of a A7 in most cases.  A lot depends on how many people are going to be using the spa, if more then 3 or 4 I would go bigger.  1-2-3 the A6 or R6 would work.    The 2nd pump option makes sense in a A6 with 4 packs, in a R6 not so much.  If more then 4 with kids and friends I would go A8 or R8.   

bradleyabell

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 01:27:41 pm »
As far as the spa's for the price difference I would go with the A7.  That said, you could get an R8 and an extra pack for the price of a A7 in most cases.  A lot depends on how many people are going to be using the spa, if more then 3 or 4 I would go bigger.  1-2-3 the A6 or R6 would work.    The 2nd pump option makes sense in a A6 with 4 packs, in a R6 not so much.  If more then 4 with kids and friends I would go A8 or R8.   

Totally different tub, but also check out the X series.  No matter what route you decide to take, WET TEST BEFORE you buy!

Beck0101

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 04:32:32 pm »
For whatever it's worth if your "realistic" use case involves a two occupant load most of the time the A/R/X 8 is massive...and a bit of a waste.  And the A7 will be quite a bit bigger than the 6??  More energy, more chemicals, more water, bigger cover, etc and so on.  Go with the 6!

I have an A8L.  Looking back I do wish I had saved myself a few jr bacon cheese burgers and gone with a smaller tub.  I also, looking back, would not repeat the lounger.  My dealer even told me "most people get a lounger on their first tub, but not their second".  In my case he will be spot-on though I hope to not buy a new tub any time soon.

I personally wouldn't worry about one pump vs two.  For us they're either both on, both off.  Having the flexibility to run one or the other is only useful when I toss a capful of dichlor in and want to leave half the tub running after I close the cover.

I believe I could be quite happy with an A6.  Whichever way you go I don't think you can go wrong with a Bullfrog.  I think there are 5 in my neighborhood now.  Great tubs...
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 04:34:39 pm by Beck0101 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 04:32:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42