What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: General BS totaly UN-hot tub related...  (Read 5336 times)

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
General BS totaly UN-hot tub related...
« on: January 26, 2006, 11:02:49 am »
A reporter in the press pool at todays news confrence used this word in a question directed at President bush..."conversated." Does this reporter even deserve a response? If you job is to use the english language to relay pertinent information to your readers or viewers, should you not know what is and is not a word?! Conversate, what the hell does that posta mean?
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Hot Tub Forum

General BS totaly UN-hot tub related...
« on: January 26, 2006, 11:02:49 am »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: General BS totaly UN-hot tub related...
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 11:08:26 am »
A reporter in the press pool at todays news confrence used this word in a question directed at President bush..."conversated." Does this reporter even deserve a response? If you job is to use the english language to relay pertinent information to your readers or viewers, should you not know what is and is not a word?! Conversate, what the hell does that posta mean?

Conversate is perfectly good word. I think it was very cromulent of the reporter to use it. After all, a strong vocabulary embiggins the soul.

07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 11:23:52 am »
Ding dang illiterate jibber jabberin' bucktoothed chuckleheaded reporters, always constipatin' the contintutalness of the English we speak.

A man who cannot elicit the correct word at the correct time is a man that is  ... uh...um...something that's not good.

Terminator  
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 11:26:44 am »

Conversate is perfectly good word. I think it was very cromulent of the reporter to use it. After all, a strong vocabulary embiggins the soul.

Very nice.  J.S. would be proud.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 12:15:05 pm »

Very nice.  J.S. would be proud.

J.S?
07 Caldera Geneva

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2006, 12:23:14 pm »

That one made my morning.  It also almost made coffee come out my nostrils.
Brewman

Brookenstein

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2006, 12:41:39 pm »
I can't fault a pressman for saying conversate when our president can say

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

OR

"I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe — I believe what I believe is right." —Rome, Italy, July 22, 2001

OR

"People say, how can I help on this war against terror? How can I fight evil? You can do so by mentoring a child; by going into a shut-in's house and say I love you." —Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2002

OR

"My plan reduces the national debt, and fast. So fast, in fact, that economists worry that we're going to run out of debt to retire." —radio address, Feb. 24, 2001

OR

"I wish you'd have given me this written question ahead of time so I could plan for it…I'm sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with answer, but it hadn't yet….I don't want to sound like I have made no mistakes. I'm confident I have. I just haven't — you just put me under the spot here, and maybe I'm not as quick on my feet as I should be in coming up with one." —President George W. Bush, after being asked to name the biggest mistake he had made, Washington, D.C., April 3, 2004

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2006, 12:58:34 pm »
or even better...

I did not have sex with that woman.

or

I can spend your money better than you can.

or

It depends on what the meaning of the words 'is' is

;D
07 Caldera Geneva

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2006, 01:30:00 pm »

J.S?

Jebediah Springfield

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2006, 01:30:08 pm »
I can't fault a pressman for saying conversate when our president can say

I loved Will Farrell's impersonation of President Bush on SNL. Unfortunately these are more gems from our Commander and Chef ;), not skits from SNL.

"They misunderestimated me."—Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" —George W. Bush

"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.''—Townsend, Tenn., Feb. 21, 2001

"Laura and I really don't realize how bright our children is sometimes until we get an objective analysis."—CNBC, April 15, 2000

"Let me put it to you this way, I am not a revengeful person."— Interview with Time magazine in the Dec. 25, 2000, issue.

"She is a member of a labor union at one point."—Announcing his nomination of Linda Chavez as secretary of labor. Austin, Texas, Jan. 2, 2001

"I have a different vision of leadership. A leadership is someone who brings people together." —Bartlett, Tenn., Aug. 18, 2000

"We ought to make the pie higher."—South Carolina Republican Debate, Feb. 15, 2000

"Will the highways on the Internet become more few?"—Concord, N.H., Jan. 29, 2000

"Keep good relations with the Grecians."—Quoted in the Economist, June 12, 1999

"I am mindful not only of preserving executive powers for myself, but for predecessors as well."—Washington, D.C., Jan. 29, 2001

"It was just inebriating what Midland was all about then." —George W. Bush, reflecting in 1994 about growing up in Midland, Texas

"I hope the ambitious realize that they are more likely to succeed with success as opposed to failure."—Interview with the Associated Press, Jan. 18, 2001

"The great thing about America is everybody should vote."—Austin, Texas, Dec. 8, 2000

"I understand small business growth. I was one."—New York Daily News, Feb. 19, 2000
220, 221, whatever it takes!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2006, 01:36:36 pm »

Jebediah Springfield

Touche'. I was thinking Mrs Crabapple.  J.S indeed.  ;D
07 Caldera Geneva

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2006, 01:46:45 pm »
"I have vivid and painful memories of black churches being burned in my own state when I was a child."
President Clinton
June 8 1996 - national radio address

"Since I was a little boy, I've heard about the Iowa caucuses. That's why I would really like to do well in them."
President Clinton - quoted in USA Today Feb 12, 1996
(Iowa caucuses began in 1972 - Clinton was hardly a little boy)

"Character doesn't matter."

"If a President of the United States ever lied to the American people he should resign."

"I can't find my cigar."

07 Caldera Geneva

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2006, 04:25:31 pm »
oh how i love those quotes ;D

hey brook, in case no one has ever mentioned it, im digging those avatars you got (and the 1 in this post). thats some good stuff girl ;D
Marquis dealer

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2006, 05:01:11 pm »
oh how i love those quotes ;D

hey brook, in case no one has ever mentioned it, im digging those avatars you got (and the 1 in this post). thats some good stuff girl ;D

There are MANY more but I forgot a couple classic W speech out takes so please add these:

"Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB/GYN's aren't able to practice their love with women all across the country." --George W. Bush, Sept. 6, 2004, Poplar Bluff, Mo.

"There's an old...saying in Tennessee...I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee that says Fool me once...(3 sec pause)... Shame on...(4 sec pause)...Shame on you....(6 sec pause)...Fool me...Can't get fooled again." --George W. Bush to Nashville, Tenn audience, Sept. 17, 2002,

I prefer the audio: ???http://bushwatch.org/ourfearlessleader.mp3???
220, 221, whatever it takes!

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2006, 05:06:03 pm »

There are MANY more but I forgot a couple classic W speech out takes so please add these:

"Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB/GYN's aren't able to practice their love with women all across the country." --George W. Bush, Sept. 6, 2004, Poplar Bluff, Mo.

"There's an old...saying in Tennessee...I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee that says Fool me once...(3 sec pause)... Shame on...(4 sec pause)...Shame on you....(6 sec pause)...Fool me...Can't get fooled again." --George W. Bush to Nashville, Tenn audience, Sept. 17, 2002,

I prefer the audio: ???http://bushwatch.org/ourfearlessleader.mp3???

now THATS priceless ;D
Marquis dealer

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2006, 05:06:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42