What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Buying a Bullfrog?? Should I go R series vs A series - 8L or 7L  (Read 7127 times)

newtohottubbing

I’ve been looking at many hot tub brands and am convinced I will go with Bullfrog.   I really like their jet pack feature and the pricing seems very good for what you get.   

My questions are the following:
Go with 8L or 7L
Go with A series or R series

I understand that you get 6 jet packs with A8L, 5 with A7L, and 4 with R8L or R7L.  I also see with the A you get additional lights and controls on the tub.   

I would just go with A8L if cost wasn’t an option, but I want don’t want to pay for something if it really isn’t worth it.   

The current prices they’ve provided me are below.  Note that I haven’t negotiated at all and it’s a full cash offer.   
R7L - 9,525
R8L - 10,475
A7L - 11,375
A8L - 13,325

I’m doing a wettest in two Saturdays.  What are your thoughts on models and pricing.   I’d like to go A8L but in the 11,500 range.   Is that too good of an offer?

Thanks for your help. 

Hot Tub Forum

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Buying a Bullfrog?? Should I go R series vs A series - 8L or 7L
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 07:57:35 am »
What brands are you wet testing against the BF?
Retired

d00nut

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 11:23:01 am »
  I’d like to go A8L but in the 11,500 range.   Is that too good of an offer?

Probably.  This dealer looks like they are giving you pretty good pricing right off the bat (IE... no wiggle room.)  Never hurts to ask.  However, the Envoy NXT and the A8's were always pretty close in price.  BF was a bit different since it has a lot of factory installed options, so I am not sure how they are quoting you (with or without circ... with or without the EO3.)

I wouldn't consider an A8L offer at $11.5 even without those two options.  Just not worth it to me.   :)

It's also worth noting that while your jet pak count goes up with each model increase... your jet pumps do not.

Bullfrog uses the same pumps for each one of those models.  So the more Jet Paks, the less Jet pressure (unless you individually turn them off.)  My point is, those hot tubs under the hood are so darn similar, you are literally just paying for more size and an extra jet pak choice or two. 

It sounds like the OP was originally looking at an Envoy NXT.  I'd still test one out.  If you are considering an R Series, I'd at the very least consider a standard Envoy if you don't want to pay the NXT price ;) 

newtohottubbing

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 11:52:24 am »
Thanks for the feedback.  I will go ahead and wet test enjoy and the A7L. 

What do you think I can offer for the Envoy?  Is 10k reasonable?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 05:16:04 pm »

I'm not sure about prices and whether 10K is a good counter but make sure both these dealers are aware that they're not the only dealer you're negotiating with. They need to know that they're not only negotiating against your budget/comfort-level/desire for a spa but they also have competition for your business.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2018, 05:57:59 pm »

I'm not sure about prices and whether 10K is a good counter but make sure both these dealers are aware that they're not the only dealer you're negotiating with. They need to know that they're not only negotiating against your budget/comfort-level/desire for a spa but they also have competition for your business.

Thats good advice ST
Retired

Sam

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2018, 04:59:44 pm »
What brands are you wet testing against the BF?

:-X

newtohottubbing

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2018, 05:22:46 pm »
I’m doing a wet test of the A7L on Saturday.   I picked out the following jet packs to test. 

I’ll make sure and let them know I plan on testing the Envoy as well.   I’ll report back after my wet test.  Thanks again for the info. 

Rain shower
Oscillator
Versa
Wellness
Neck Masseuse
Pulsator
Neck Blaster
Gyrossage
Alleviate
Deep relief

Snowba

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2018, 03:36:16 am »
We just ordered an A8 and I was able to negotiate in the wellspring ozone and the circ pump. Might be worth trying to get some free upgrades as part of your strategy. My dealer wasn't willing to drop the price.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2018, 03:36:16 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42