What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2016 Caldera Vanto filter question  (Read 2197 times)

gmdodt

2016 Caldera Vanto filter question
« on: March 23, 2018, 09:53:38 pm »
I bought this tub recently from another individual. Seems to be working well. It has two, two speed pumps. I've notice that it only filters and heat with the same pump. Why wouldn't caldera alternate the pumps being used to limit wear and tear. Doesn't this also cause stagnant water in the pipes of the second jet if you don't manually use it for say a week?

Hot Tub Forum

2016 Caldera Vanto filter question
« on: March 23, 2018, 09:53:38 pm »

d00nut

Re: 2016 Caldera Vanto filter question
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 02:26:38 am »
To clarify,

It has 1 1 Speed pump, and 1 2-speed pump.

That's also the reason why they don't alter pumps for filtering.

It's also worth mentioning, that no manufacturer alters which pump push water through the heater.  I'd imagine the main reason for that is cost, additional failure points, and software.

gmdodt

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 11:17:06 am »
Oh interesting...if I push jet buttone once low speed pumps one comes on. If I push it, the same jets come on high speed. Third push all jets high speed. Fourth push the opposite jets go low speed. So your saying only one pump is being used even though both sets of jets can go on low?

bud16415

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 12:01:14 pm »
The added wear and tear is too small to matter. It would be like saying I like my lounger but don’t use it as much as I would like because the other pump needs run more.

When I close my tub I make sure every diverter is in the center position and the waterfall is turned on to a trickle. When the self clean cycle runs water goes thru every jet that way.   

castletonia

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 03:29:19 pm »
Oh interesting...if I push jet buttone once low speed pumps one comes on. If I push it, the same jets come on high speed. Third push all jets high speed. Fourth push the opposite jets go low speed. So your saying only one pump is being used even though both sets of jets can go on low?

Only 1 of the pumps can run on low speed.  When you first press the jet button it turns on the low speed pump.  Second press turns that pump on high speed.  Third press turns the other pump on high speed.  Fourth press either turns the dual speed pump off, or back to low if it is heating or filtering.  Fifth press turns the second pump off. 

The dual speed pump is the only one that goes through the heater and filter.  The single speed pump is for a different set of jets and does not go through the filter or heater at all.  This is typically how a hot tub is plumbed when there is not a separate circulation pump.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2018, 04:13:07 pm »
I bought this tub recently from another individual. Seems to be working well. It has two, two speed pumps. I've notice that it only filters and heat with the same pump. Why wouldn't caldera alternate the pumps being used to limit wear and tear. Doesn't this also cause stagnant water in the pipes of the second jet if you don't manually use it for say a week?

Among the multiple reasons is it would add cost to plumb it that way and then owners would say to dealers and dealers would say to manufacturers "why do you use the more expensive 2 speed pump for both and plumb both for filtering, that just adds cost to the spa. It would be just as effective and less expensive if you would...".
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2018, 04:13:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42