What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2018 Bullfrog R7 Pricing  (Read 20426 times)

karismom

Re: 2018 Bullfrog R7 Pricing
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2018, 04:15:33 am »
Mine is an A7L in platinum/driftwood. The salesperson I had said that is the most popular color combination, and damn, it stood out on the storeroom floor. He said that was what he also has.

I'll post pics after I get it on Tuesday

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2018, 04:15:33 am »

karismom

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2018, 04:26:50 am »
Here is one I found that is exactly like mine

Thisismyname

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2018, 08:53:33 am »
That's not platinum and driftwood....looks like titanium and mahogany

Sam

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2018, 02:21:12 pm »
I just wet tested this R7 out today. My wife and I love it and are leaning towards it. However, we do like the dome foot jet on the R8 which we can get for $550 more. I’m not bent on the extra size or depth tho. Any thoughts?

Does anyone have a Bullfrog in platinum/Driftwood and want to post a photo?

Only $550 more?  Wow, most places charge an extra $1500 to $2k between the 7 and 8.

karismom

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2018, 11:06:02 pm »
You are right.... it is titanium. My bad.

Is there a rule here that photos can't be posted, even if hosted off-site? Every time I post one (all legitimately hot tub-related), they get deleted by moderation. Um, why?

karismom

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2018, 11:10:01 pm »
Sorry, it isn't the mods here; it's my hosting site

zinger084

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2018, 12:04:06 pm »
We just put our order in for the R7 Driftwood exterior with Platinum shell including ozone, matching packs, cover, re-circulation pump, and full foam within delivery in place for just under $7,500 plus tax!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 12:08:00 pm by zinger084 »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2018, 12:08:04 pm »
  Un-real!   That's a 1000 less then the Costco promo, even more so considering it has the circ pump.

Utahtubbin

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2018, 02:27:03 pm »
Wow.  That is unbelievable.   I wouldn't sell an R6 for that price.    Like Jacuzzi Jim said.   Better than costco pricing. 

Sam

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2018, 05:38:21 pm »
I just can't understand how people are getting these prices.  I wouldn't be able to stay in business selling and R7 for that price.  Like utahtubbing says, I wouldn't sell the R6 for that price.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2018, 10:57:44 pm »
Crazy pricing. Where in the country are you located?  I actually had a guy come into my store stay saying they got a quote on a A8 double lounge for $9800. Thought that was pretty crazy as well. Sounds like Bullfrog needs to teach there dealers that they are in business to make a living not give stuff away lol

zinger084

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2018, 11:45:19 am »
Crazy pricing. Where in the country are you located?  I actually had a guy come into my store stay saying they got a quote on a A8 double lounge for $9800. Thought that was pretty crazy as well. Sounds like Bullfrog needs to teach there dealers that they are in business to make a living not give stuff away lol

I'm located in Northeast Ohio.  Maybe prices have dropped?  I'd like to hear what a dealer actually pays for these things!

Sam

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2018, 02:36:18 pm »

I'm located in Northeast Ohio.  Maybe prices have dropped?  I'd like to hear what a dealer actually pays for these things!
In addition to the cost of the spa is sales commission, shipping, delivery crew, truck with gas and insurance, receiving, storing, having service techs on stand-by to perform warranty work, keeping delivery crew's employed even when there aren't deliveries,etc.  All of which can add quite a bit to the cost of the unit.  With all of that in mind, the OP's dealer maybe made $900 or so.  Selling at that price consistently would make it virtually impossible to stay in business, unless spas are just a small part of the operation.  I'm not exaggerating when I say that those numbers are absurd.

Beck0101

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2018, 03:18:01 pm »

In addition to the cost of the spa is sales commission, shipping, delivery crew, truck with gas and insurance, receiving, storing, having service techs on stand-by to perform warranty work, keeping delivery crew's employed even when there aren't deliveries,etc.  All of which can add quite a bit to the cost of the unit.  With all of that in mind, the OP's dealer maybe made $900 or so.  Selling at that price consistently would make it virtually impossible to stay in business, unless spas are just a small part of the operation.  I'm not exaggerating when I say that those numbers are absurd.

Those numbers are only absurd if 1.) you assume all dealers are buying the spa from Bullfrog at the same cost, 2.) you assume all dealers have similar overall sales unit volume and 3.) you assume all dealers have similar overhead structures.  Anyone that spends any time on this board can quickly identify that none of these assumptions hold true with spa dealers.  Vast differences exist in these areas of cost which result in tremendously different purchase prices for consumers on apples-to-apples spa purchases.

It's pretty naïve to think a dealer selling an A8 for $10k, delivered, is losing money.  These types of numbers show up on this forum pretty regularly.  Is it possible they're mostly being sold through a single nation-wide dealer network?  Sure.  Is it possible they pay 20+% less for the tub from Bullfrog than you do?  I couldn't say.  Is it possible they sell thousands more spa's each year than anyone else and as such can afford a lower per-spa margin?  Sure...

Sam

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2018, 03:32:29 pm »
All dealers pay the same price per unit.  The variable is shipping.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2018, 03:32:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42