What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Thank you for this forum; hoping I can get input too  (Read 9179 times)

bud16415

Re: Thank you for this forum; hoping I can get input too
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2018, 09:24:47 am »
Congrats on the Tub. Nothing more exciting and also it can be a little stressful going thru the process of getting one in place and getting going. When the guys brought mine they took a look at the deck and said no way. I then showed them it was designed with 8 foot of the rail easily removable and the right height for their transporter and they had it in place in ten minutes telling me it was the easiest one ever.

When you make your opening think about closing it up in a way that can be removed in the future if needed again.

We have enjoyed ours thru this the snowiest winter in recorded history here 195” of snow. If we get 4 more inches we will have the new record for all time in the USA for large cities that record snow fall. We are hoping for 5” more to say we had 200 and then let spring start.

Enjoy your new tub. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2018, 09:24:47 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2018, 10:37:05 am »
Oh man. I am here in the south, supposedly, and the wind is howling and we are supposed to get up to 4 inches of snow by tomorrow. I heard that, and I'm like, what the hell.

I had my R6L on "call in" as far as when to deliver it, because it needs to go into my screened-in porch and I know a wall will need to come down in order to get it in there. Well, hell with that. I called them tonight and said, deliver as soon as you can. Which is Wednesday. I'll take a sledgehammer to the damn porch if I have to. The screen on that side needs to be replaced anyway.

I would give anything to have it hooked up and working right now with the shrieking winds, 38 degree temps, and rain.

I must be just north of you, we are expecting snow too, hopefully the last of the year.  Do you have the electric ready to go?  Congrats on the Bullfrog. As mentioned earlier I have seen a few happy customers, but haven't owned one myself.  We will look forward to hearing how it goes.  Next up, don't stress over the chemistry, it can seen harder than it really is.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

karismom

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2018, 04:57:42 am »
Thanks to all. Everyone has been so helpful.

wmccall, I'm in Lexington, KY. Rain, rain, snow, rain. Freezing and wind. I thought this was the south....

It's been an experience! It's just me and my 17 year old daughter, and she has a rare genetic joint disease and we have been told a hot tub might help. So I go for the top of the line, lol. Typical me.

I'm a physician and a pharmacist and also have a master's degree in pharmacoepidemiology. I practice but also do teaching and research.

So now I am juggling getting this tub installed. The electrician came this morning and quoted me $1200. I'm not going to mess with it. He saw that my house is clearly on the upper end of houses from the outside. He said he needed to dig a trench to hide wires and asked me if I wanted to do that myself (hell NO.... do I LOOK like I want to dig a trench??) so no doubt I'm paying premium for that. Also hired two great guys off craigslist to remove one side of the screened-in porch for the installation.

Can't wait to get it....

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2018, 10:12:38 am »
 950 to 1200 is an average price, specially since your paying an electrician to dig in the dirt.   ;)

karismom

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2018, 11:18:26 pm »
950 to 1200 is an average price, specially since your paying an electrician to dig in the dirt.   ;)

That's what I thought too. But I could tell he really wanted me to do the digging :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2018, 11:18:26 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42