What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog Cloud & Hot Spring Connextion  (Read 2263 times)

buttoh

Bullfrog Cloud & Hot Spring Connextion
« on: March 13, 2018, 09:19:47 am »
Any advice regarding Hot Springs and Bullfrogs cloud based remote monitoring?  My wife and I often travel and the thought of having a power outage and/or power failure while we are away during winter is a bit of a concern.  I have home monitoring I can access from my phone on our home and I really like it.  Anyone have any experience with either of those systems and are they worth it?

Also, to the Bullfrog dealers.  Is getting the Stainless option worth it on the R series. Thanks
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 11:10:36 am by buttoh »

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog Cloud & Hot Spring Connextion
« on: March 13, 2018, 09:19:47 am »

castletonia

Re: Bullfrog Cloud & Hot Spring Connextion
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 12:23:46 pm »
No experience with Bullfrog Cloud unless that is just their name for the Balboa WiFi module.  If that is the case, I would pass.  When I sold Marquis (2014-2017) the few WiFi units I sold had connectivity issues.  There were times I could not connect to a spa on my showroom floor and other times when I could connect 250 miles away.  We did move locations and change internet providers, and still had the same issue.  I have seen other reports of Balboa wifi issues, so my guess is its on Balboa's end.

As for Connextion, I have sold 3 now in 9 months with Hot Spring / Caldera.  I personally think it is more reliable, but comes at a greater cost.  Connextion also alerts the dealer if there is an issue, so it is more than just an app that allows you to monitor the hot tub.

buttoh

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 12:58:54 pm »
No experience with Bullfrog Cloud unless that is just their name for the Balboa WiFi module.  If that is the case, I would pass.  When I sold Marquis (2014-2017) the few WiFi units I sold had connectivity issues.  There were times I could not connect to a spa on my showroom floor and other times when I could connect 250 miles away.  We did move locations and change internet providers, and still had the same issue.  I have seen other reports of Balboa wifi issues, so my guess is its on Balboa's end.

As for Connextion, I have sold 3 now in 9 months with Hot Spring / Caldera.  I personally think it is more reliable, but comes at a greater cost.  Connextion also alerts the dealer if there is an issue, so it is more than just an app that allows you to monitor the hot tub.

Thank you, I see where the Bullfrog can be added later so maybe better to wait until they get the technology bugs out.

Thisismyname

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 05:54:14 pm »
Ive had the bullfrog wifi on our A8 since last November and have had no issues with it.

The app doesn't get a ton of use but it's nice to be able to check on the tub when needed....or to adjust the temp.

I would recommend it.

maddigital

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 07:48:36 pm »
I have had Connextion on my 2014 Caldera Cantabria for 2 years now. I purchased it after having a wrist jet piping back out due to poor glue application at the factory. I was greeted to a half filled tub in the middle of the winter showing an error message because water was below the filter and only caught it because i went to take a dip. Fortunately it had occurred earlier that day and had it repaired under warranty. The wifi connection was ordered soon after. My validation was the ability to get the error on my phone as soon as it happens and protect my investment.

I use it to control the jets, lighting when getting in on my smartphone and waterproof tablet. The app leaves a lot to be desired from a design perspective but it gets the job done.

Power outages will notify me when it cant talk to the tub and never had a scenario where it failed on me other than when I lost internet at the house and it couldn't phone home.

While expensive, i like the control and viability into the tub's function when I am traveling.

Mad

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 07:48:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42