What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First Timer deciding between 5 brands for a 6 seat lounger  (Read 2016 times)

krafty0303

First Timer deciding between 5 brands for a 6 seat lounger
« on: March 11, 2018, 11:48:54 pm »
First timer planning to make a purchase in the next 2 weeks. Selecting the right tub is proving more difficult than I anticipated. Maybe it’s because there a many good options, and it’s hard to decide between the special features unique to each. I’ve read a bunch of the posts on this forum and everyone’s input is helpful. Appreciate any feedback regarding my search, options, or anything else to think about. Thanks, Mike

Narrowed it down to five, and I’ve visited several of the dealers in my area and taken a few wet tests. My key criteria are listed below. Prices are looking to be in the $9-$13K range, with the vector being cheaper at about 7.5. I’m leaning towards the Hot Spring Highlige Envoy NXT.

Tub for a family of 4 with occasional entertaining
Placing tub inside a sun room off the house
Lounge seat
Easy to maintain
Longevity

Hot Spring Envoy NXT, or Sovereign
Caldera Geneva
Sundance Cameo
Marquis Vector 94L
Jacuzzi J375

Hot Spring Envoy: really sharp design, moto massage jets are great, and water filtration appears to be the best
ACE salt system seems to get mixed reviews, so I’d prob pass on ace
No coaster spots or cup holders
Don’t like only 5 seats on the Envoy, would prefer space for 6. Planning to go look at a Sovereign in person since it’s seats 6, even though the tub is smaller.

Caldera Geneva: nice design and seating layout, spacious. Same manufacturer as HS.

Sundance Cameo: like the seating layout, and the ability to keep air flow bubbling in the tub when the jets are off. Foot jets are good, and nice cool down seating

Marquis Vector 94L: unique look, appears to be many jets and powerful. Marquis brand gets good reviews. Lower price relative to others. shorter warranty and cabinet quality are cons (have not wet tested vector. Tried the signature show, but didn’t love it)

Jacuzzi: clean look and jet hardware, easy controls to use, convenient drink coasters, and proven brand name. Read some negative reviews about issues with tubs and servicing support

Hot Tub Forum

First Timer deciding between 5 brands for a 6 seat lounger
« on: March 11, 2018, 11:48:54 pm »

castletonia

Re: First Timer deciding between 5 brands for a 6 seat lounger
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 09:04:08 am »
You need to wet test, only way you will know which spa is for you.

I currently sell Hot Spring and Caldera and previously sold Marquis.  The price on the Marquis V94L is super low which leads me to believe it is a stripped down model (full foam, ozone, led lights, inline sanitation are all options).  Sovereign is not going to fit 6 comfortably, just not gonna happen (4 comfortable).  Envoy is a great hot tub.  I see your concern with seating in the Envoy but don't discount that it only has 5 seats.  How many times will you have 6 people in your hot tub? All brands you are looking at are reputable, but I do believe the filtration in Hot Spring is superior to others.  ACE is your call.  I like it but I don't overly push it towards my customers.  Know the pros and cons and how long the cell will last along with the replacement cost so you can make an educated decision. 

In terms of fit, The Geneva fits me and my wife better than the Envoy, but, I also prefer the Aria to both, which is why a wet test is so important.   

bud16415

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 02:10:52 pm »

We have had the Geneva for 3 years. It is a 6 seat tub but the one seat is really a cool down seat and a great inside step for entering the tub. We use 3 of the 6 seats 90% of the time the two corners and the lounger. Someone is always in the lounger as it is the number one seat. My favorite is the captains seat with the wrist jets and neck and shoulder jets but they take a little getting used to. If you are fairly tall your shoulders wont fit under the head rest if you sit straight up. You have to think of that seat as a second recliner and stretch out corner to corner in the tub, put your head in the head rest and adjust the neck jets where you want them. the back jets in that position are not right up against you and massage much better in that position.

This is the reason you have to wet test because without floating in water the seats including the recliner in a tub like the Geneva seem uncomfortably deep and angled too much. With the water in those angles feel totally different and help hold you in against the strong blast of the jets. I’m reminded of this every time I drain the tub and get in it to clean it. I feel like I’m trapped in the seats.

Another thing you wont get until you feel it in action is the Geneva now has two big jets mounted into the floor ours (older model) has one. These jets are really powerful and don’t work in conjunction with any seat but you can float over them and hit any spot that is sore. It is something you have to experiment with. There are so many different ways we have found to use jets slightly different than how you would first think.   

All your choices are solid performing tubs.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 02:10:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42