What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cal Spa, Artisian Spa or Hot Spot??? Help  (Read 4539 times)

paulinboise

Cal Spa, Artisian Spa or Hot Spot??? Help
« on: April 17, 2018, 12:12:50 am »
OMG, we went shopping for a new 3 to 4 person hot tub and whoa, we need help.  That was not fun.

We want the best made, most efficient and reliable of these three.  Price is the least important but any help you can give us would be appreciated!

Option 1.  Hot Springs, SX  - $5,399
Option 2.  Cal Spas, KONA PPZ-537L $5,495
Option 3.  Artesian Spa, Santa Cruz 33  $5,399

All include steps, cover, cover lift, 3 months of chemicals 

Hot Tub Forum

Cal Spa, Artisian Spa or Hot Spot??? Help
« on: April 17, 2018, 12:12:50 am »

castletonia

Re: Cal Spa, Artisian Spa or Hot Spot??? Help
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 04:29:37 pm »
I sell Hot Spring, FWIW.  Good price on the SX.  Hot Spring and Artesian are quality manufacturers with good reputations.  Cal Spas doesn't. 

paulinboise

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 05:07:23 pm »
Thanks a bunch, wasn't so sure anyone cared:).  I really appreciate the feedback, I liked the look of the Cal Spa the best, the reliability of the Hot Spring the best but the Artesian was a floor model, he really wanted it gone and basically said he would match price, it (Santa Cruz) was normally $10k so I couldn't help but think it was the best deal.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 05:11:29 pm by paulinboise »

Sam

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 03:26:58 pm »
That is indeed a ridiculous deal on the Santa Cruz.  That's a 3 pump spa that should at least be $8k to $9k.  I would jump on that in a heart beat if it checks out.  Confirm that warranty starts on delivery day and look it over.  It must be an old ass floor model for that price.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 05:39:34 pm »
The Hot Spot will be the most efficient of the three. Smaller pumps and more insulation.
Retired

paulinboise

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 06:30:31 pm »
Thanks all, I think the Hot Spot might be the best pick for our needs although the Artesian sales guy (owner) is basically saying name your price for the Santa Cruz 33 floor model.  Not sure how much better this unit would be.

Thanks again. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2018, 06:37:58 pm »
Thanks all, I think the Hot Spot might be the best pick for our needs although the Artesian sales guy (owner) is basically saying name your price for the Santa Cruz 33 floor model.  Not sure how much better this unit would be.

Thanks again.

I think the Artesian would be the one I would get. A great buy and you will never offset the difference in energy cost meaning "whats a couple bucks more a month"
Retired

paulinboise

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2018, 06:51:32 pm »
Thanks  hey bunch, you’re right I am not worried about the extra insulation, but I’m just not clear on whether it’s  A much better hot tub, the artesian

Sam

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2018, 07:10:00 pm »
The Santa Cruz is a significantly better spa than the hot spot.  The hot spot is entry level with a bunch of bullet jets.  The Santa Cruz goes up against Hot Spring's highlife series (top tier).  This is not an apples to apples comparison. For that price, you are crazy not to take it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2018, 07:10:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42