What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: More Bullfrog Problems - Ruptured Jetpak Manifold?  (Read 4715 times)

FL Person

More Bullfrog Problems - Ruptured Jetpak Manifold?
« on: March 01, 2018, 09:07:34 am »
I previously had problems with o-ring blow outs.  At the time, I would notice water shooting up the back of the Jetpak.  After having the technician simply resecure the o-ring to the Jetpak with silicone several times (to no avail), Bullfrog ultimately supplied small plastic spacers that were secured between the Jetpak and the o-ring.

Last night I witnessed the same symptom and assumed the o-ring seal had once again failed.  I reseated the Jetpak several times to no avail.

Upon closer inspection, it appears what I'm looking at is a failed (cracked) manifold.   Has anyone seen this before?

I will be calling my dealer when they open.

Hot Tub Forum

More Bullfrog Problems - Ruptured Jetpak Manifold?
« on: March 01, 2018, 09:07:34 am »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: More Bullfrog Problems - Ruptured Jetpak Manifold?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 09:31:20 am »
 I have seen it happen twice in 3 years. Your dealer should replace it no questions asked, and send you home with a temporary one. 

FL Person

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 10:21:21 am »
I have seen it happen twice in 3 years. Your dealer should replace it no questions asked, and send you home with a temporary one.
Thanks Jim. 

I'll post back with how it goes.

FL Person

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 11:34:09 am »
I emailed the dealer first thing yesterday and received no reply.  Big surprise.  I couldn't make it over there until this morning.  I saw the salesperson whom I emailed yesterday (who sold me the tub) and asked if he got my email.  He gave me a totally disinterested "yesterday was my day off" reply.

I dealt with the owner of the dealership - the same woman who came to my house and used a headlight-restoration kit to remove the chemical stain that occurred when the tub was brand new.  She didn't argue about replacing the Jetpak but I had to ask for a loaner.  Her initial response, "let me see if I have one."  Ultimately, they gave me a loaner Jetpak which, surprise, is not sealing well at the o-ring and makes a loud, vibrating noise with the pump on high.

I'm no stranger to Bullfrog o-ring issues.  I can live with this for the time being but it's simply frustrating.

I pointed out that my failed Jetpak has a Bullfrog supplied spacer sandwiched between the o-ring and the Jetpack (as do all of my Jetpaks) to rectify previous, repetitive o-ring blow-out issues.  I assume the spacer was needed because the Jetpak design didn't allow for the Jetpak to fully seat in the receptacle in the tub.  When I inquired whether the new Jetpak would have this same spacer, or whether perhaps, the Jetpaks have been redesigned, I was told the o-rings themselves have been redesigned.  I was shown one of the new, blue o-rings.  I'm assuming my new Jetpak will come with this new o-ring.   Of course, my other two Jetpaks have the old o-ring with the Band-Aid solution spacer siliconed in place.

Also, while I was there, I explained that the plastic pieces which snap onto the top of the Jetpak - that the pillows snap into - are all very faded and discolored.  I asked about replacements.  Sorry, that's cosmetic and not covered by warranty.  Big surprise.

Stay tuned.

FL Person

« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 11:49:01 am by FL Person »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 11:34:09 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42