What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis E660 "Bubbling" inline dispenser  (Read 4862 times)

pRox68

Marquis E660 "Bubbling" inline dispenser
« on: February 11, 2018, 01:34:42 pm »
Hi all, long time lurker, but finally received my new e660 and have some technical questions.  First one is, my "inline dispenser fitting" bubbles whenever the pumps are on.  I DO NOT have the microsilk feature, so i'm not sure why this fitting has water moving through it or, more puzzling, why it is bubbling (large bubbles, little pressure).  This is the fitting in the foot well right under the highest seat and is called out as the inline dispenser in the manual.  Not sure if this is normal or if there are some bad connections?

Any ideas / knowledge from the Marquis experts here?

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis E660 "Bubbling" inline dispenser
« on: February 11, 2018, 01:34:42 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Marquis E660 "Bubbling" inline dispenser
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 04:26:52 pm »
Is it your ozonator line?  Does your tub have a ozone system?

castletonia

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 05:07:55 pm »
If you have the inline system, the water that goes into it has to get back to the hot tub somehow.  Regardless if you use the system, water moves through it. 

As for the bubbles, not sure on that as I never recall seeing that.  Very likely there is nothing wrong.

pRox68

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 05:15:35 pm »
Thanks for the replies..

@Hottubguy: There is an ozonator installed, so my first guess was this was ozonated air bubbling out through the fitting / inline dispensing loop.  How would one tell if it was ozone?  Smell?

@Castletonia:  It doesnt appear to be an issue, I was just wondering what it is.  Like, if you do not get the microsilk option, is there still a plumbing circuit there?  If so, where is the air coming from?  More of a mystery and I dont like mysteries!

meriflower

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 08:27:29 pm »
I have a Marquis Spirit and it is as Castletonia says.  Mine bubbles when jets are on and is normal.  The below link provides a diagram of their system showing both the inline and ozone.  I believe the ozone comes on during a clean cycle.  MicroSilk is only available on the Signature series not on the e series. 

http://www.marquisspas.com/hot-tubs/constantclean/

MarKee

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 06:08:10 pm »
Sounds normal to me, there are 2 black ports in the bottom of your 660, one is a return for the ozone, and one is a return for the SpaFrog inline cartridge system.  You will get some air bubbles coming out of these ports, it's more than likely the ozone port that the bubbles are coming out of.

pRox68

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 09:31:13 am »
@MarKee, I believe the 660 only has the floor drain (small gray fitting in the footwell) and the inline dispenser fitting (small black fitting in the footwell).  The pressure coming out seems less than half that of any jet at low pump speed.  Its just a bit strange that this fitting would be used for anything if the inline dispensing system was not installed on the tub.

MarKee

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 02:06:11 am »
If your 660 has the built-in SpaFrog in-line, it will have 2 black/dark gray ports somewhere near the bottom of the footwell. If your 660 doesn’t have the cartridge system built in to the side of the spa, it will only have 1 black port for the ozonator. If your spa doesn’t have an ozonator, there is still always plumbing for an ozonator, and you will still probably see water/bubbles coming from a black/dark gray port in the footwell.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 02:06:11 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42