What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis E series intermittantly powering on  (Read 3453 times)

pRox68

Marquis E series intermittantly powering on
« on: March 19, 2018, 03:55:04 pm »
Hi all,

A few questions for the Marquis experts: 

I have a new E660 and have noticed that sometimes the Jets1 power on for as little as 30 seconds and then turn off again (cover closed, no one inside).  Is this just normal heating?  I have the filtration cycles set for 1 hr X2 times a day and am assuming the tub turns on automatically when it demands heat, but what can possibly happen in 30 seconds?? 

Is there a way to know if the filtration cycles are actually running?  Like is there a log in the controller somewhere or do I have to go out and observe it when it is cycling?

Whats with this "clean cycle" when you are done soaking?  How does it know you are done?  Does it just come on when the temp goes down a degree or two or is there some other kind of sensing?  Also, how long does the "clean cycle" typically last??

Thanks for any answers!

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis E series intermittantly powering on
« on: March 19, 2018, 03:55:04 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Marquis E series intermittantly powering on
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 04:10:11 pm »
Hi all,

A few questions for the Marquis experts: 

I have a new E660 and have noticed that sometimes the Jets1 power on for as little as 30 seconds and then turn off again (cover closed, no one inside).  Is this just normal heating?  I have the filtration cycles set for 1 hr X2 times a day and am assuming the tub turns on automatically when it demands heat, but what can possibly happen in 30 seconds?? 

Is there a way to know if the filtration cycles are actually running?  Like is there a log in the controller somewhere or do I have to go out and observe it when it is cycling?

Whats with this "clean cycle" when you are done soaking?  How does it know you are done?  Does it just come on when the temp goes down a degree or two or is there some other kind of sensing?  Also, how long does the "clean cycle" typically last??

Thanks for any answers!

That’s normal. It’s checking the temperature to see if the heater needs to kick on. The clean cycle starts one hour after the the high speed jets are shut off. It’s programmable for however long you want it to filter for. I have mine set for 1 hour. I would also suggest you turn up the filtration cycles to at least 2 hours twice per day. 1 hour 2 times per day is not enough filtration

MarKee

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 06:47:07 pm »
Completely normal like Hottubguy said.  I believe the factory default clean-up cycle is 1 hour on the 660. There is a setting where you can adjust it or check to make sure it’s at 1 hour.  Get out the owners manual and it will tell you how.

pRox68

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 02:06:32 pm »
Thanks for the answers. 

After looking at the manuals on line and comparing to my own that I received with the tub, it looks like there was a programming change for the 2017 E series controllers.  I don't think there is an option anymore to control the length of the "clean up" cycle.  You can only change the length of the regular filtration cycles (perhaps the clean up cycle mimics the length of the regular filtration cycles?).  No biggie and I will also probably change my total filtration time to 4 hrs a day like Hottubguy suggests.  Doesnt that seem like a long time for such a small volume of water though??   

castletonia

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 03:35:46 pm »
Filter duration is dependent on how much use the hot tub gets.  I personally tell my customers 3 hours twice a day (6 total).  I have had customers that benefited from 8 hours daily and some that could get away with 2. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 03:35:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42