What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera Utopia upgrade?  (Read 3828 times)

macmanjpc

Caldera Utopia upgrade?
« on: February 03, 2018, 04:09:54 pm »
In your more educated opinions, is the Caldera Utopia series worth the approx. $3,000 CDN ($2,300 USD) upgrade over the Paradise series? More specifically, I'm considering the upgrade from the Salina to the Niagara. Choices, choices.

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Caldera Utopia upgrade?
« on: February 03, 2018, 04:09:54 pm »

castletonia

Re: Caldera Utopia upgrade?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 04:58:44 pm »
That is a fair upgrade price.  You add the ozone, abs bottom pan, avante cabinet looks awesome, auxiliary control panel on Niagara, LED logo light on the cabinet, atlas neck therapy, larger filter, etc.

The Niagara is an awesome hot tub and while the Salina is nice, the Niagara is a more therapeutic, refined hot tub.  Having sat in both, I would personally get the Niagara unless max seating capacity was desired.  The Niagara has more contoured seating where the Salina is more open.  FYI, I sell Caldera and Hot Spring.

bud16415

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 06:08:32 pm »
I have the Geneva a brother to the Niagara and we are very happy with it. now the question of price for the upgrade. With luxury items and to me that’s what a hot tub is pricing is what you are willing to pay. Yes it’s a nicer tub with some better features. To me its premium automobiles compared to just transportation automobiles. Both get you from point A to point B.

We looked at both lines and there was a little discussion as she really liked the Geneva a lot more. The lady that was showing us tubs looked at me and said happy wife happy life. That kind of summed it up. After having it a few years I’m actually happy we upgraded. That second control inside the tub makes it almost worth it all by itself. I’m sure there are lots of other benefits as well.     

d00nut

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 01:53:22 am »
The Niagara is deeper, which actually just means more room in the footwell. 

If pricing wasn't an issue, Niagara all day everyday.  That being said.  The Salina is in one of my soak rooms and is a killer wet tester.  I love that spa, and for the money, it's an easy sell.

However, if you like the look and more cradled seating (and bells and whistles...) what's another $2300?  Just don't go to Tim Hortons as much over the next 10 years  ;)

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 01:52:11 pm »
I have a Niagara and a Makena set up for test soaking. When people try both they end up purchasing the utopia. When they don’t wet test they purchase the Paradise. Need to try both styles and see which one you prefer

macmanjpc

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 03:14:23 pm »
It’s done! After weeks of learning, shopping, comparing  and second guessing we have made a choice!

We went today and did a final comparison of the Caldera Salina & Niagara models and the Sundance Chelsee and Optima models. Pricing jumped $1,500 per tub at $10,000, $11,500, $13,000 and $14,500 (all negotiated CDN pricing including all chemical, accessories, delivery and setup). And the winner is...

Caldera Niagara 😊

This one really hit the sweet spot on features, aesthetic design, seating layout, comfort and price. We can’t wait for spring!!

Thanks for the help everyone!

bud16415

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 03:56:11 pm »
Congrats you will love it I’m sure as much as we enjoy ours. Spring is a ways off. Is it do to weather and installation? Where do you live?

We got ours when the weather was still nice and had a chance to get used to maintaining it when it wasn’t winter. That is most likely a good thing. But we do love ours best in the winter months.

What method of sanitizing will you use Bromine or @ease chlorine? I would recommend the @ease.

macmanjpc

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2018, 08:19:23 pm »
Congrats you will love it I’m sure as much as we enjoy ours. Spring is a ways off. Is it do to weather and installation? Where do you live?

We got ours when the weather was still nice and had a chance to get used to maintaining it when it wasn’t winter. That is most likely a good thing. But we do love ours best in the winter months.

What method of sanitizing will you use Bromine or @ease chlorine? I would recommend the @ease.

Thanks Bud!

The tub is going to be installed as part of a full backyard renovation including deck and patio which isn’t happening until mid spring unfortunately. I’m in the GTA north of Toronto, ON. We don’t usually get decent weather until late April. So hopefully late May we’ll be up and running?

With regards to chemical I have NO IDEA. I guess that’s the next step in my education. We’ve never had a pool or hot tub before so I don’t really know squat about water chemistry or maintenance yet.

Cheers. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2018, 06:34:08 am »
With regards to chemical I have NO IDEA. I guess that’s the next step in my education. We’ve never had a pool or hot tub before so I don’t really know squat about water chemistry or maintenance yet.

Cheers.

Water balance keeps your water healthy and neutral. Water sanitation keeps your water clean.
Retired

2Foxy

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2018, 06:58:47 am »
Hi,  we just purchased a Caldera Geneva. My electrician is coming this Saturday and we are waiting for delivery in the next 2 weeks.  We walked into Caldera wanting to purchase the Salina.  After wet testing the Geneva, We (me) had to have it and ALL the bells and whistles.  My budget was immediately increased by $3,000, but well well worth it.   The placement of the jets, the subwoofer speakers, and the dual control panels sealed the deal for us.   Go For it!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2018, 06:58:47 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42