What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Frog@ease  (Read 6496 times)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Frog@ease
« on: February 01, 2018, 05:42:35 pm »
  Any of you dealers using this or had a rep in lately pushing it?   Looks like a chlorine floater with mineral cartridge.

https://www.frogproducts.com/product/atease_floating_system/

Hot Tub Forum

Frog@ease
« on: February 01, 2018, 05:42:35 pm »

castletonia

Re: Frog@ease
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 06:15:04 pm »
I sell both the floating version and the in-line version.  Have had good luck with it.  Only issue I have noticed is that the pH and Alkalinity tend to drift downward.  Also, shocking once a month is not enough.  It's not a tri-chlor tab.  It is di-chlor but there is something added that prevents it from dissolving rapidly.  Depending on what you set it for (0-6) and the size of the hot tub I can get 3-5 weeks per SmartChlor cartridge. 

Pretty much all the Caldera's and Marquis I have sold in the last 2 years get @ease (in-line version).  All Marquis Celebrity and Hot Spring Hot Spot get floating version. 

jukeboxpunk

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 06:47:41 pm »
I used 4 of the cartridges and although they work ok, I now have 4 empty cartridges I am looking to fill with slow dissolving chlorine granules. I just need to find a product to buy in bulk. Or I guess I could buy a new floating system that allows for tablets or puck form of chlorine, but those I have heard cause issues in a hot tub.

I will say since stopping @ease use, my hot tub is actually clearer. 

I use nonchlorinated oxidizing shock, and really only need a solution that is inexpensive for maintaining low level chlorine, and buying bulk slow dissolving granuals was the rout i was going.

I have all my chemicals in bulk except for maintaining adequate chlorine levels.  Any recommendations would be appreciated.     

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 08:06:37 pm »
I use the inline version on my own tub and have had good luck with it. Ph/alk tends to drift down in it. I usually use Nature 2 for tubs that don’t have it built inline into the tub.

castletonia

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 08:58:40 pm »
I used 4 of the cartridges and although they work ok, I now have 4 empty cartridges I am looking to fill with slow dissolving chlorine granules. I just need to find a product to buy in bulk. Or I guess I could buy a new floating system that allows for tablets or puck form of chlorine, but those I have heard cause issues in a hot tub.

I will say since stopping @ease use, my hot tub is actually clearer. 

I use nonchlorinated oxidizing shock, and really only need a solution that is inexpensive for maintaining low level chlorine, and buying bulk slow dissolving granuals was the rout i was going.

I have all my chemicals in bulk except for maintaining adequate chlorine levels.  Any recommendations would be appreciated.     

Unfortunately, tablet chlorine (tri-chlor) will void the warranty of pretty much any hot tub.  Without getting your hands on whatever is inside those cartridges, there is no alternative.  Both di-chlor and cal hypo would dissolve rapidly.

MarKee

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 11:10:21 pm »
It works well, we have been using it for 2+ years, both the inline version and the floating version.  All customers get it in their start-up kit unless they specifically ask for bromine or some other system.  Haven't heard many complaints.

kevinb1333

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2018, 09:24:55 am »
I have the in-line and love it so far as I get super annoyed when I go to someone elses tub and they have a floating chlorine tab. Always seems to follow me around haha. The PH and ALK on my seem to drop but other than that I love the in-line system.

bud16415

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2018, 12:24:41 pm »
I use it when I’m going on vacation I pop the cartridge in my inline feeder and leave. It is compatible with dichlor and bleach I use the rest of the time.

The cartridge is good for about a month so I pop the top off and if I’m going for a week I just dump ¾ of it into another marked container and save it for next time.

As far as I know it can not be bought in bulk like dichlor or bromine.   

Astropin

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2018, 04:11:08 pm »
We just got our 2nd tub and I was just looking at these (today actually). I used di-chlor on our old tub but it can be a hassle when your not in the tub regularly.

I'm considering getting the floating system and just using it when we are away or when we know we won't be in the tub for several days???

I've read that they do need more than a once a month shock and some people have said that a once a week or every other week di-chlor treatment really helped to keep things balanced.

If someone finds a bulk refill option that might be a big plus. They're getting this "smartchlor" from somewhere.

buba

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2018, 09:47:20 pm »
More information on the ingredients below, the floater cartridge holds 6oz, dry weight, of DANTOCHLOR

The active ingredients in the @ease system follow.

Active Ingredients:
  1.3-dichloro-5, 5-Dimethylhydantoin 81.1%
  1.3-dichloro-5-ethyl-5-methylhydantoin 16.1%
Other Ingredients: 2.8%
Total: 100.0%

FYI: this is the same chemical formulation as DANTOCHLOR from Lonza (Me thinks the smart in  'Smartchlor" is the dispenser, not the chemical)

http://bio.lonza.com/uploads/tx_mwaxmarketingmaterial/Lonza_ProductDataSheets_Dantochlor_PDS.pdf

http://patents.justia.com/patent/20140369886
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 09:51:30 pm by buba »

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2018, 12:44:09 pm »
The chlorine (DCDMH) is patented be a FREE CHLORINE of approx. 0.5 but with a an inactive TOTAL CHLORINE of 10-15.  The key to this is 2 fold:  pH MUST BE 7.4-7.8, and the spa temp needs to be 94*F or higher. 

Haziness, etc. is borne out of either of those two things being out of range.  Great system if you get the nuances of it.  No- I don't work for King Technology, I just used to sell Artesian Spas and had a long chat with one of their chemists as I too had some of the issues mentioned on this thread and wanted to know the crux of the situation. 

Yes- Shocking more frequently than once a month is required.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2018, 12:44:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42