What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog Spas Tub#3  (Read 3378 times)

bzjammer

Bullfrog Spas Tub#3
« on: January 02, 2018, 11:44:50 am »
Well what a year.  1st tub leaked and was replaced.  2nd Tub has a ton of problems and was replaced.     Tub number 3 is here and it’s been a month or so and the buttons have stopped working as on the other two and the speakers are crackling already too.  This is the a8l.   Are the buttons that turn the jets on just made bad?   On all three tubs they stopped working within a month.   The speakers on the last two all started crackling within a month.  My dealer claims this doesn’t happen to anyone else’s but they are a brand new dealer and probably haven’t sold many. Has anyone else had or heard of problems with the buttons that turn on the jets on the side of the tub(not the control panel)?  We love the massage the tub gives but it seems as if we should have gotten the tub with no extra’s because none of the extras work!   

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog Spas Tub#3
« on: January 02, 2018, 11:44:50 am »

bzjammer

Re: Bullfrog Spas Tub#3
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 11:48:15 am »
Oh and on the 2nd Tub after being extremely persistent with Bullfrog Corporate that the tub was not cleaning well their  engineers determined there was a manufacturing defect in the skimmer cover on the new a8l and that they would need to replace those on everyones.   

Beck0101

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 03:45:35 pm »
Your posts seem a little odd to me.  4 posts in and 4 posts about three consecutive failed Bullfrogs.  This is the first I would have heard about a leaky Bullfrog.  Jet buttons not working on three straight tubs after one month of use?  Not "cleaning" well and they provided a free replacement?  Two free replacements in a year, one for the tub not "cleaning properly?  My skepticism meter is pegged.

Being an A8L owner myself I find your situation to be pretty hard to believe, personally.  But this is the internet.  Anything is possible I suppose...
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 03:51:02 pm by Beck0101 »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 04:32:38 pm »
Your posts seem a little odd to me.  4 posts in and 4 posts about three consecutive failed Bullfrogs.  This is the first I would have heard about a leaky Bullfrog.  Jet buttons not working on three straight tubs after one month of use?  Not "cleaning" well and they provided a free replacement?  Two free replacements in a year, one for the tub not "cleaning properly?  My skepticism meter is pegged.

Being an A8L owner myself I find your situation to be pretty hard to believe, personally.  But this is the internet.  Anything is possible I suppose...

The thing to always remember is that when you make 5,000 or 10,000+ spas a year or more you can have a satisfied customer base but there will always be exceptions for any spa maker. The things to watch for is whether there is a pattern of problems and how the manufacturer responds. 
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 05:47:20 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 05:28:45 pm »
What were the problems with tub #2?  Sounds like you had some bad luck. How come you changed dealers after the first tub?

bzjammer

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 03:46:50 pm »
The 1st dealer said he didnt like dealing with engineers! Lol.  He said we are too complicated and expect things to work flawlessly.  On the 2nd Tub, the first problem was a design flaw that made the skimmer door not filter right(engineers are good for something!), the wellspring filtration circulation pump never seemed to clean tub, the buttons went out, the speakers went out, there was a bulge coming out of one side of the tub(not the access panel side).   

I’m sorry my post seems odd.  It’s my experience and was just wondering if anyone else had similar ones.  I really love the massage and the versatility of the jetpaks and the aesthetics of the Bullfrog spa so it’s not like I’m talking down on them.  I’ve just had 3 tubs and problems.

A technician is coming out today to replace the buttons and speakers.   Hopefully that will resolve all the problems.   

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 03:46:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42