What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Seattle - Looking for price comps on spas comparable to the Hot Springs Prodigy  (Read 4542 times)

sleepwalker

I'm retiring my old hot tub(15yo+ Prodigy). It's got a few issues and would probably cost $400-600 or so to refurbish.

At this point, I'd rather replace it with a new, or recent used tub. Or, just skip having a tub entirely. We enjoy it, but are not enjoying it sitting broken in the back yard. We did use ours though.

We're running 110v right now and I'm mostly looking to stay 110v. Going 220v would be another $1200 or so. The existing tub is on a gravel bed which has been great for a cheap foundation, but rats have been burrowing under the tub, so if I get a new tub; I'll be pouring a $1000 concrete slab.

I made an $8000 + tax offer on a Prodigy with coverlifter(cover cradle) from the local Hot Springs dealer. We're about $1200 apart. I'm looking to get a good deal, but don't need to "win" or anything. Any thoughts on whether or not my offer was reasonable?

Since we're $1200 apart, I'm now looking at other brands. Bullfrog has the STIL5. I was quoted $10,500. I have no idea how this compares and would need to wet test it. Aesthetically I like the look, but I wasn't expecting to spend >10k. If I do spend >10k, it probably makes more sense to go 220v and expand my options.

I see Bullfrog's doing one of those Costco roadshows next month. Seattle's home show is next month as well. I'm ready to buy now, but can wait a few months if I'm going to save $800+.

Any tubs I should be looking for(290-350 gallons, 110v capable)? Any idea on what Prodigys are going for?

Hot Tub Forum

TemptingDestiny

There are a lot of things that go into pricing of hot tubs for dealers. Freight, warehouse space, if delivery is included- (if they include watercare) and other overhead costs. I am sure you'll find other prices throughout the country that will vary a little on the Prodigy. (How big are those dealers? Where are they located?...)
Were you unhappy with your Prodigy that you had for 15+ years? You aren't saving any money if you spend more money going with another brand.  Did you ask about floor models? This time of year 2017's should be readily available so they can shuffle in the 2018s.

Is there a specific reason that you want the Cover Cradle? Are you limited on overhead space, or...

castletonia

I can’t comment on what your dealer should sell for but I sold my 2017 floor model Prodigy for $8399 + tax with CoverCradle 2 and polymer step.

sleepwalker

There are a lot of things that go into pricing of hot tubs for dealers. Freight, warehouse space, if delivery is included- (if they include watercare) and other overhead costs. I am sure you'll find other prices throughout the country that will vary a little on the Prodigy. (How big are those dealers? Where are they located?...)
Were you unhappy with your Prodigy that you had for 15+ years? You aren't saving any money if you spend more money going with another brand.  Did you ask about floor models? This time of year 2017's should be readily available so they can shuffle in the 2018s.

Is there a specific reason that you want the Cover Cradle? Are you limited on overhead space, or...

Definitely happy with the Prodigy I've already had. Like any large purchase, I just want to make sure I'm doing my due diligence. Good to know on the 2017s, may want to expand my range and see if there might be a sale of some sort. I also got pricing from Jacuzzi and they had two tubs coming in less than the Prodigy, so it might be worth checking them out.

No good reason to want the cover cradle. Just liked it in the store. Would be fine with anything. I currently don't even have a lifter and my wife and I make do just fine. Sounds like I may want to research cover lifters a bit.

sleepwalker

I can’t comment on what your dealer should sell for but I sold my 2017 floor model Prodigy for $8399 + tax with CoverCradle 2 and polymer step.

Of course, and thanks for the context. I appreciate it.

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42