What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Trying to pick one  (Read 6921 times)

guardrail22

Re: Trying to pick one
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2017, 06:35:18 pm »
The money is on the table.

South Seas 965L.

ETA four weeks

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2017, 06:35:18 pm »

kimba

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2017, 10:21:38 pm »
I bought a caldera cantabria in August of this year and use it everyday.  Its big but I love it , has every jet possible for all muscles, water fountains and lights are incredible.  I do exercises in it too , it is eight person but It is great and so  much space when 4 people are in it .. Love it!!! Good Luck,, and I have had no problems at all with it ,, :)

Sorrentino100

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2017, 06:31:18 pm »
Nice looking spa! Very roomy. I'd buy a couple of extra filters so you can exchange them, as with only one, you'll be needing to change the filter more often.

If you're going to be using Dichlor, please check out pgs 51 to 62 of this manual: https://www.hotspring.com/sites/default/files/hot-spring_spas_owners_manual_2008.pdf, they explain everything you'll need to know to take care of your water. Also, buy some test strips and a Taylor K-2006 test kit.

Good luck. I know the waiting will be difficult, but it gives you time to prepare the base, electrical and gain knowledge on water chemistry.

guardrail22

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2017, 12:10:59 pm »
time for an update. Spa was built and ready to ship early Dec. Failed final inspection due to defect in shell from issue with the mold. !2 units effected. Not sure how a defective shell gets all the way thru assemble before being inspected - cant help you there.

Mold parts air freighted from Germany and spa remade to ship tomorrow. Still hoping to be up and going before family arrives for holiday. Gas fired tankless hot water heater will let me fill it with warm water.

Power is in and electrical rough in approved. Just have to shorten the liquidtight and conductors when it is set and terminate four wires.

guardrail22

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2017, 09:25:52 am »
The spa is on the ground and working wonderfully. Dealing with a foam issue we’ve isolated to likely a clothing issue with a guest but we are very pleased.

Every jet in this tub adjust directionally and for water flow; a major advantage over Bullfrog and a big reason we did not go with them.

The 965L is a big spa and accommodates five easily. Using Amserse and Frog @ease and very happy so far.

Noticed two things which have resulted in “rules”

1. Last person out has to make sure all the jets are on and all the air is off. I’m not sure what the tub does while we’re not around but it does need ways to return water during heating and filtration cycles.

2. Guests get their bathing suits run thru thru the washing machine on hot water max water cycle and dried before they get in.

We have hot and cold water in the are for the dog wash and are considering a shower arrangement using this those water spigots.

guardrail22

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2018, 10:16:29 pm »
So we are at four weeks now and there are two frustrating things.

First, we can’t seem to get out in less than 60 minutes.

Second, foam.

Any one found the end all to end all to eliminate foam?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2018, 07:03:28 am »
Any one found the end all to end all to eliminate foam?

I have...........don't use the tub.

Sounds like you got it under control. Suits, perfume, body lotion, hair stuff, ect.
Retired

guardrail22

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2018, 11:03:00 pm »
Looking for something to add to water to rid it of the cause

castletonia

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2018, 11:44:19 pm »
Add de-foamer and clean the filters within 24 hours.

Conine2965

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2018, 08:19:23 am »
I like orange scum buster from Spa depot. I had foam issues mostly from soap in bathing suits. This has been a big help.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2018, 08:19:23 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42