What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Large tub recommendation  (Read 7838 times)

Asha

Large tub recommendation
« on: January 18, 2018, 09:50:38 am »
For the past 2 months I have been researching spas on this sight and seeing them in person.  I’m interested in a 8 seat tub in the 8k range.  As it stands now I like the bullfrog x8 (I have seen the x7) and the south seas (artesian) 965l.  I haven’t seen ither in person so wet testing might be out of the question.  I’m leaning more toward the bullfrog because of its looks, frame not being made of wood, and no diverter valves.  I no both companies make nice products, but I’m having difficulty finding out about the differences.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Large tub recommendation
« on: January 18, 2018, 09:50:38 am »

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: Large tub recommendation
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 07:17:09 pm »
X-Series has some nice features, we sell a lot more X7's than X8's simply because once you make that price jump most people get interested in the A & R Series collections from Bullfrog that include JetPaks.  Maintenance free construction (especially the base) is a nice feature, it's roomy, well jetted and well lit with no diverters.  I don't know much about the Artesian except they are going for a huge spa with a lot of value, I can see where they cut costs on that particular model (not a ton of jet variety, 1 50 sq. ft filter where there really should be 2 in a spa that size, full foam as an option instead of standard like on the Bullfrog, etc.) I'm not trying to run it down, it just seems they were more concerned with building a really big spa for a lower cost, ideally it would be nice if you could wet test AT LEAST 1 of them for some type of comparison.  Can't help you much on pricing, both models are much higher in my market, although it does depend on how you "option" them out, for example the extra LED light package on the X-Series is easily a $400+ option and I do price/sell all of them with that extra light package for example.  Good Luck!

Asha

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 07:31:56 pm »
Thanks so much for the valuable information.  I will take your advise and look closer at the x7.  Thanks for pointing out that the south seas 965 uses a small filter and lacks variety when it comes to jets.  Insulation is also a consideration I should take into account, being from the north east.

bradleyabell

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 07:19:26 am »
We bought the X8L in September and love it (from michigan).  Use it almost every single day.  We wanted the extra space that came with the size up from X7->X8 and don't regret it at all, even if it is just my wife and I most nights.

Thanks so much for the valuable information.  I will take your advise and look closer at the x7.  Thanks for pointing out that the south seas 965 uses a small filter and lacks variety when it comes to jets.  Insulation is also a consideration I should take into account, being from the north east.

Asha

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 09:49:36 am »
Yes my thoughts also.  My feeling is as long as I go large, I will never regret buying something to small.  However the bullfrog r7 might be within my budget.  Yes the jet packs sound intriguing but the 5yr warranty is valuable.  I should be able to wet test a model that has the jet packs.  The few bullfrog dealers within 50 miles primarily sell the R and A line, not the x.  That’s why I believe maybe the R might be more Competitively priced. As it stands the prices I was quoted for a x8 is on the high side of what I’ve seen on this forum.  So if I’m willing to go with a smaller tub (r7 88”x88”) then I should also be looking at other brands like jacuzzi marquis and hot springs.  There higher end lines have a 5yr warranty.  But then again my budget might not be enuf.   Maybe a floor model or a left over is available.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 10:58:10 am »
Both Good reputable brands.  On the Artesian I would absolutely get the full foam package.  i'm up in the Boston area and on the news the other night they were talking about how electric rates have been rising with the bigger electric companies out here.  Take a look around at what people have on clearance for 2017 models.  Maybe you can get a good deal that way.  Good luck in your search

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 10:59:39 am »
Asha,

Welcome to the forum!  While I personally haven't been in a Bullfrog, the growing number of satisfied users here hasn't gone unnoticed by me. Whatever you choose, please come back and let us know how it goes for you.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2018, 11:09:49 am »
Both Good reputable brands.  On the Artesian I would absolutely get the full foam package.  i'm up in the Boston area and on the news the other night they were talking about how electric rates have been rising with the bigger electric companies out here. Take a look around at what people have on clearance for 2017 models.  Maybe you can get a good deal that way.  Good luck in your search

Great advice for this time of year, I know I specifically have 3-5 2017's left that I'm letting go much lower than I ever would during a busier time of year simply because us dealers want to "turn" that inventory to free up cash to bring in the newer models so always ask "whats in the back" or "whats left over" when shopping around.  Good Luck!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2018, 11:24:10 am »
Both Good reputable brands.  On the Artesian I would absolutely get the full foam package.  i'm up in the Boston area and on the news the other night they were talking about how electric rates have been rising with the bigger electric companies out here. Take a look around at what people have on clearance for 2017 models.  Maybe you can get a good deal that way.  Good luck in your search

Great advice for this time of year, I know I specifically have 3-5 2017's left that I'm letting go much lower than I ever would during a busier time of year simply because us dealers want to "turn" that inventory to free up cash to bring in the newer models so always ask "whats in the back" or "whats left over" when shopping around.  Good Luck!

Same here!

bradleyabell

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2018, 02:07:08 pm »
If you don't mind me asking, what were you quoted for the X8?

Yes my thoughts also.  My feeling is as long as I go large, I will never regret buying something to small.  However the bullfrog r7 might be within my budget.  Yes the jet packs sound intriguing but the 5yr warranty is valuable.  I should be able to wet test a model that has the jet packs.  The few bullfrog dealers within 50 miles primarily sell the R and A line, not the x.  That’s why I believe maybe the R might be more Competitively priced. As it stands the prices I was quoted for a x8 is on the high side of what I’ve seen on this forum.  So if I’m willing to go with a smaller tub (r7 88”x88”) then I should also be looking at other brands like jacuzzi marquis and hot springs.  There higher end lines have a 5yr warranty.  But then again my budget might not be enuf.   Maybe a floor model or a left over is available.

Asha

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2018, 03:36:13 pm »
Thanks for all the advice.  I have been asking about left overs and floor models.  I have yet to find what some on this forum and I would consider a great deal.  Yes a few floor models hear and there, but no steep discounts.  500$ off.  Plus not close to the size I would like.  That’s better than nothing.  I have two offers on the table.  An x8 for 8600$ out the door.  Tax delivery lift and starter chemicals.  And a new 2017caldera Salina for 9k out the door tax delivery lift and starter chemicals.  Both are as base as they come.  I haven’t researched the Salina yet.  It was pointed out that it does have a 5yr warrantee.  Any insight on the Salina would be great.  As for the dealerships, they both are comparable.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2018, 04:09:59 pm »
Thanks for all the advice.  I have been asking about left overs and floor models.  I have yet to find what some on this forum and I would consider a great deal.  Yes a few floor models hear and there, but no steep discounts.  500$ off.  Plus not close to the size I would like.  That’s better than nothing.  I have two offers on the table.  An x8 for 8600$ out the door.  Tax delivery lift and starter chemicals.  And a new 2017caldera Salina for 9k out the door tax delivery lift and starter chemicals.  Both are as base as they come.  I haven’t researched the Salina yet.  It was pointed out that it does have a 5yr warrantee.  Any insight on the Salina would be great.  As for the dealerships, they both are comparable.

$500 - $1,000 is typically a "real" discount...anyone claiming 3, 4, $5,000 off simply uses the 'carnival barker' sales approach...It's 20k on sale for 16k, 14k if you pay cash, but just for you today sir/ma'am it's 10k if you buy right now.  Remember this about small businesses and when shopping events/fairs/parking lot sales/etc.....Bottom Lines for small companies rarely, if ever go down, the starting price for the tub on the tag simply just goes up to give the customer a warm & fuzzy feeling like they are getting an incredible deal because they are buying "at a fair"

Asha

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2018, 05:13:15 pm »
Thanks for all of your responses.  I would love to receive a 1k discount off of a non artificially inflated tub price.  Even if it was a floor model that had been running for who knows how long and wet tested over and over again.  But that hasn’t been offered.  I have approached the dealer that I would like to do business with, and told them I’m interested in a fair price that would make both of us happy.  One where they make a profit and enuf to keep them in business for years to come.  I also would like to keep the business as close to home as possible.  Not only for the ease of in store demenstrations down the line, but because I’m a strong believer of money spent in the community has a better chance of staying within the community. 

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2018, 07:06:55 pm »

Those seem like pretty good deals depending on your state sales tax rate. I’m a Caldera dealer and there was no change from 2017 to 2018 on that tub. You are at least 1000 cheaper then my price on that tub including tax. Same warranty as utopia. 5 year component. Nice layout that makes it seem larger then it is. Nice thing with the Salina amp is unless you want stereos or WiFi connection app there aren’t any add on’s  Comes standard with nice lighting package, full foam so there really is t anything to add to that tub. That’s been a good seller for me

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2018, 07:40:15 pm »
For the past 2 months I have been researching spas on this sight and seeing them in person.  I’m interested in a 8 seat tub in the 8k range.  As it stands now I like the bullfrog x8 (I have seen the x7) and the south seas (artesian) 965l.  I haven’t seen ither in person so wet testing might be out of the question.  I’m leaning more toward the bullfrog because of its looks, frame not being made of wood, and no diverter valves.  I no both companies make nice products, but I’m having difficulty finding out about the differences.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Neither the wood versus metal frame or the diverter valves or no diverters should make any difference in your decision. Here's why,
1. The metal used in metal framed tubs is thin sheet metal. It will not last any longer than wood in a wet/damp environment. I am on my third metal grill on the same wooden deck.
2. Diverter valves offer more adjustability. That may or may not be important to you.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2018, 07:40:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42