What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub Water Capacity Accuracy  (Read 1824 times)

spa_owner99

Hot Tub Water Capacity Accuracy
« on: January 26, 2018, 01:07:22 pm »
Hi,

As I navigate treating the water in my hot tub, I noticed my Artesian Captiva is listed on their website as a capacity of 400 gal.  When my local hot tub store delivered the tub they told me to set the Spa Frog to "2" which is for 300 gal hot tubs.  Assuming it's filled to headrests as stated in the manual, should I base my calculations on 400 gal.?  If so, any thoughts on why the store would be recommending the wrong Spa Frog setting?

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Tub Water Capacity Accuracy
« on: January 26, 2018, 01:07:22 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Hot Tub Water Capacity Accuracy
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 01:22:16 pm »
Hi,

As I navigate treating the water in my hot tub, I noticed my Artesian Captiva is listed on their website as a capacity of 400 gal.  When my local hot tub store delivered the tub they told me to set the Spa Frog to "2" which is for 300 gal hot tubs.  Assuming it's filled to headrests as stated in the manual, should I base my calculations on 400 gal.?  If so, any thoughts on why the store would be recommending the wrong Spa Frog setting?

Thanks!

Are you using bromine or the @ease?  Does the tub have a circ pump or does it filter off the main pumps?

spa_owner99

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 01:38:12 pm »
I'm using the SmartChlor @ease and I believe it's using the main pumps to circulate, but per the website, "The WhisperPure ™ Circulation System circulates water through the micro filters and the heater up to 100 times a day. It delivers clean, regulated water 24 hours a day with a low operating cost."

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 02:12:46 pm »
With tubs with circulation pumps I keep it set a bit lower then they recommend without circ pumps I follow the @ease recommendations

spa_owner99

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 02:27:10 pm »
Makes sense, thank a lot.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 02:27:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42