What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Euphoria vs Sundance Chelsee  (Read 6755 times)

tj-seattle

Marquis Euphoria vs Sundance Chelsee
« on: January 11, 2018, 09:07:09 pm »
My wife and I have settled on either the Euphoria or the Chelsee.  We've dealt with the Sundance dealer (Aqua Quip) over the years and we've felt well treated.  The Marquis dealer is a small shop that's been around only 3 years, but they seem well regarding based on all available reviews (Seattle Hot Tub Company).  They seem more like a refurbishing shop than a major dealer.  Friendly though.

The Marquis Epic (they didn't have the Euphoria in stock) seems particularly solid and I liked the power of the jets. The seating layout seemed versatile too. 

Unfortunately the Chelsea didn't have water in it, but my wife leans toward that model due to the foot massage bubble.

The Euphoria will cost us an extra $600 but somehow (to me) that seems like it might be worth it as a piece of equipment.  I feel less certain about how to weigh the difference in the dealer.

Opinions? Wet testing isn't an option.

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis Euphoria vs Sundance Chelsee
« on: January 11, 2018, 09:07:09 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Marquis Euphoria vs Sundance Chelsee
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 10:53:53 am »
Welcome to the forum. Good luck with your choice.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

castletonia

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 11:00:03 am »
Thats really not an apples to apples comparison.  The Marquis is their high end while the Sundance is the middle line.  I think the Optima is a better comparison to the Euphoria otherwise the V94 from Marquis is closer to the Chelsea.  I don't know Sundance pricing, but I would think there should be a much bigger difference than $600.  Euphoria is a great hot tub.  I sat in the floor model many times when I was a dealer.  Great multi-level seating, excellent therapy (in my opinion), I like the HK40 jets for the upper back / shoulders, very good build quality and very good company behind it.  I have no personal experience with Sundance, so I can't comment on the Chelsea specifically other than Sundance is well regarded.

If the dealer wants your business, they should let you wet test.  You have to be comfortable with whatever dealer you choose.  At least you are close enough to the factory for Marquis if there ever was an issue with the dealer.  Just because one has only been around 3 years shouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.  Where I work now, we have only been selling hot tubs for 4 years (in-ground poolbuilder for 11) but the owner has a great reputation for selling only quality products and taking care of his customers.  I know it is usually suggested to have well established dealers.  Just make sure they are good guys that will take care of you.  Jacuzzi Jim might be able to offer insight on the dealers, its in his neck of the woods.

Nothing against Sundance, but my preference would be the Euphoria, hands down. 

MarKee

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 06:27:52 pm »
I’m a big fan of the Marquis Euphoria.  The Euphoria also has foot jets, they are just built in to the side of some of the seats instead of being a dome in the center.  I’m also a big fan of Made in the US (just south of you in Oregon) vs. Made in Mexico.

How much is the Euphoria?

tj-seattle

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 06:32:26 pm »
Thanks for the input.  Yeah, we looked at the Optima but there wasn't enough differentiation to seriously consider it.  More bells and whistles but we aren't really bells and whistles people.  Build quality seemed the same.

I did wet test the Chelsee today.  It was nice, but I was underwhelmed by the foot dome.  On the plus side, the spotless floor model will be $400 less...making for a $1000 gap between the two models we are considering. 

I'm hoping to wet test the Marquis Epic tomorrow.  I don't think we want the lounge, but it is what they have on the floor.  It'll give me a chance to try the HK40 jets. 

The Euphoria would be $10,799 including delivery, cover, lift assist, and removal of our old tub.

castletonia

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 09:37:56 am »
Does the Euohoria include Constellation lighting?  If so, really good price.  In my opinion, still not enough price difference.  That price on the Chelsea is probably a fair price, but also what it probably should sell for.  The Euphoria is at least $1000 under what it should sell for.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 10:00:02 am »
Thanks for the input.  Yeah, we looked at the Optima but there wasn't enough differentiation to seriously consider it.  More bells and whistles but we aren't really bells and whistles people.  Build quality seemed the same.

I did wet test the Chelsee today.  It was nice, but I was underwhelmed by the foot dome.  On the plus side, the spotless floor model will be $400 less...making for a $1000 gap between the two models we are considering. 

I'm hoping to wet test the Marquis Epic tomorrow.  I don't think we want the lounge, but it is what they have on the floor.  It'll give me a chance to try the HK40 jets. 

The Euphoria would be $10,799 including delivery, cover, lift assist, and removal of our old tub.

Where do you live in Seattle?

tj-seattle

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 11:40:56 am »
I live at the border of Issaquah and Bellevue.  The price of the Marquis was just for the standard model - no add-ons.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 11:42:51 am by tj-seattle »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 12:15:48 pm »
 To far south for us.  Have you looked at Bullfrog spa's yet? Worth one if you haven't, Aqua rec has them. 

tj-seattle

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2018, 06:05:25 pm »
A wet test and closer inspection clarified the differences.  I found it a surprisingly easy decision to pay the extra money for the Marquis.

thanks for all the advice!

MarKee

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2018, 10:21:11 pm »
Congrats, you’ll love that spa!

meriflower

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2018, 10:30:18 pm »
Congrats!  We have a Marquis Spirit and really enjoy it!

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2018, 02:11:46 pm »
A wet test and closer inspection clarified the differences.  I found it a surprisingly easy decision to pay the extra money for the Marquis.

thanks for all the advice!

good choice! Marquis is a good Made in the USA brand built to a higher standard than the stuff coming out of Mexico

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2018, 07:35:19 pm »
good choice! Marquis is a good Made in the USA brand built to a higher standard than the stuff coming out of Mexico

I disagree with this comment. There is no evidence that suggests the standards are lower.
Retired

silversun

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2018, 08:00:37 pm »
The motivation to move production to mexico is no doubt cost reduction. when a company reduces it's costs, it usually results in a lower quality product.
it's reasonable to conclude that any American company producing in mexico prioritizes margin over quality.

And it's also reasonable that american consumers will perceive the product as inferior to products produced in the U.S. 
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 08:03:19 pm by silversun »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2018, 08:00:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42