What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Our New Hotpsrings Jetsetter NXT  (Read 7007 times)

Aero_Dave

Our New Hotpsrings Jetsetter NXT
« on: July 10, 2017, 11:42:03 am »
Hello all, Dave here. The wife & I finally got our 1st hot tub. Been wanting one for years, but just seemed like ‘other’ projects got in the way. Anyhow, I finally decided it was time and took the wife down to our local dealer to check some tubs out on a Sunday. My wife is 6’ tall and I wanted her to ‘test-fit’ herself in some tubs with a lounger in them. Well after reviewing everything they had, the wife picked out the Hotsprings Jetsetter NXT. She picked out the interior & exterior colors and all options except the blue-tooth speakers. That just seemed like a costly option, and we could do better with just a nice external blue tooth speaker. So after the dealer came back with the total, (around $11k) the wife just gave me ‘that’ look of No Way, so we just thanked the dealer and left.

I hadn’t even built the extension onto the deck for the HT yet. So, considering (whatever) that cost was going to be, plus this price for the tub, the wife said maybe we should look at other options. I told her I’ve been reading-up on different tubs (like 120v vs 220) and no way was I going to get a cheaper 120v tub.  I also mentioned I’ve read some good / lucky stories of people getting good deals on used tub. She wasn’t opposed to that idea and said maybe we should look around. When we got home, we decided to just take a look on Craigslist.

Well, I couldn’t believe it. We weren’t on CL for 5 minutes when we found one for sale. It just so happens that is was the Same Exact Hotsprings Jetsetter NXT, even the color options she wanted, for sale in the next town over. So I quickly sent the seller a text. He got right back to me and just said Yes, the tub was still for sale, but not for long. So I sent a few questions back like; how old is it, does it run good, any issues with it at all, why are you selling it, and can we come see it running. The seller replies; We just sold our house & were moving, its about 15 months old, its currently full & running, but getting drained on Tuesday and disconnected. Its getting moved into storage next Friday. So I asked if we could see it tomorrow and he said sure.

So we get to his house and the tub is sitting there running and it looks Brand New. He had every option but the built-in stereo too. So after only about 5 minutes of discussion, we bought it. The seller gave me Everything he had too, like the steps, all unused chemicals, an extra set of new filters (all 3), his Clean Screen (used twice) and even everything the electrician disconnected from the tub the next day. The Eaton electrical box with both 20 & 30amp GFCI breakers. Plus since he already had a mover coming Friday to move the tub to storage, he was willing to split the cost to have them move it to my house instead.

We couldn’t be happier. All in we paid $4000 for the tub. I ran the wiring myself and had my buddy (who’s an electrician) help me tie it in. I built the 10' x 12' extension onto the existing deck, using Choice Decking with the hidden fastener system. We really love the clean look of the new deck alot. I’d love to replace the deck boards of the original deck with the same thing now, but the main deck is 16’ x 45’. So I’ll hold off on that project, for now.

Now, how do we post photos without Photobucket, who now want $400 a-year for 3rd party linking!

I still need to finish the outside rails and add the 2 steps at the end of the new deck.

Dave...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 09:45:05 am by Aero_Dave »

Hot Tub Forum

Our New Hotpsrings Jetsetter NXT
« on: July 10, 2017, 11:42:03 am »

CCC

Re: Our New Hotpsrings Jetsetter NXT
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 07:56:38 pm »
Wow! Congrats! I've never been that lucky in my life.

newb22

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 09:21:42 am »
Looks great, I really like the trees you have as well. Congrats!

Cricket

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 02:00:30 pm »
Oh wow - you did luck out!  Looks very nice!   :)

EDunn

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 06:05:31 pm »
This looks amazing! Great work!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 06:05:31 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42