What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Deep freeze delivery  (Read 5251 times)

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: Deep freeze delivery
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2017, 06:01:04 pm »
deep freeze delivery, we did about 10 last week at around -5 below, you really just need to be more aware and make sure everything is coordinated with the electrician and the spa is filled properly to avoid an air lock so it can begin to heat right away.  The dealer should really be assisting so you aren't stressed about it...good luck

+1. I’m been delivering like crazy and we are having sub zero weather here
Hi BullFrogSpasMN, Just curious, what type of salt systems are you adding to your spas? I didn't realize that Bullfrog had a salt system in their spas.

They don't..yet, but we are a test market for the system for the past 3 years approx. Here is the system we install on our Bullfrog Spas: https://bluwatertechnology.com/systems/blufusion/ This particular system creates Bromine which I prefer over systems that produce Chlorine....Bromine is simply more stable in a hot water/hot tub environment in my opinion, the system is backed by a full 3 year replacement warranty and cell replacements are under $400 with a life expectancy of around 4-5 years.  I've been installing/working with salt since I installed my first system on a swimming pool back in 2003 and I've probably dealt with every single system on the market at one point or another (other than Arctic Spas Onzen System, I have no experience with it) and I feel this is the best I've dealt with as far as reliability, overall cost/cell replacement cost, warranty, etc. so it works really well.  I do not strongly push the system but rather educate the best I can and let customers make an informed decision and we've found over the past 2 years we are selling it on about 60-65% of our hot tubs that go out the door. Good Luck!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2017, 06:01:04 pm »

JacuzziJack

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2018, 09:21:02 pm »
No way would I have a hot tub delivered in sub freezing temps especially if it's sitting outside. The framing is not that strong. They're made to sit horizontally and can 'tolerate' some tipping and off-camber stress, but not much. The less the better. I've moved mine around a lot. Things creak and pop. Plastics don't like extreme cold temps and are highly prone to breakage and damage and there's a bunch of plastics on a hot tub. Guys bring them in and generally they've done several and can handle them with amazing efficiency, but once they are in place, they're gone probably to never return. What damage (if any occurred) are they going to see? Most likely you'd be ok if the handling was very careful, but do you think in below zero temps guys are going to inspect every square inch and look for potential damage? Of course not, it's TOO cold out!

Unless it was extreme damage it isn't going to be detected. As far as anyone knows, at the time of delivery, it was successful. If problems or leaks later develop, who's to say they weren't mfgr issues, or problems that occurred during shipping ...or handling? Of course the local seller will point back to the mfgr, otherwise it'll cost them money to repair. Besides the moving process, the simple act of removing the plastic side panels in near zero or below zero temps ....or any adjustments to the PVC fittings or pumps are all risking damage that wouldn't otherwise occur in warm weather. Just driving the side panel screws back in with a power driver can easily crack (split) the plastic panel board where it's thin at the top and bottom screws and it'll never be 'right' again. I would be most worried about the acrylic surface because if that gets cracked, then you're really screwed. They're never going to see a hairline crack in an obscure location in at or below zero temps. Personally, if I just forked out good $ for a hot tub, I wouldn't want one SINGLE item cracked or damaged which wouldn't have otherwise been broken. The potential risks are a lot higher. Why run the risk? Wait till it's in the 50's...

« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 10:54:05 am by JacuzziJack »

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2018, 12:49:59 pm »
unfortunately for "northern" dealers we don't have the luxury to "shut down" for 3 months to wait for temps to rise above 50, business must go on, and it does without issues most times, like I mentioned earlier in this thread you just have to be a little more prepared for cold weather deliveries, ie electrician onsite at time, someone competent to fill it and pop an airlock or address any other minor issues should they arise, not a big deal really.  Good Luck!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2018, 12:49:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42