What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Quality of cover lifters  (Read 2171 times)

Port Albion

Quality of cover lifters
« on: January 08, 2018, 06:07:59 pm »
I'm curious if anyone else is struck by the lack-luster selection of cover-lifters? I have to say after reviewing many and sending the best quality lifter available back I'm struck by the inelegance and general poor quality of lifters. I expect a lot better in light of the expense of getting a good quality tub/spa.

I'm exploring building my own lifter and wondering if anyone has any suggestions. 

Hot Tub Forum

Quality of cover lifters
« on: January 08, 2018, 06:07:59 pm »

castletonia

Re: Quality of cover lifters
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 07:35:16 pm »
What cover lifters have you tried?  I always had good luck with Leisure Concepts and specifically the Covermate 1 (not the eco version).

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 12:23:16 pm »
What cover lifters have you tried?  I always had good luck with Leisure Concepts and specifically the Covermate 1 (not the eco version).

+1

MarKee

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 06:10:25 pm »
+2.  Leisure Concepts is the best, and the CoverMate 1 is probably the most bullet-proof lift available.   CoverMate 3 is also nice, but any lift with hydraulics will eventually have issues.

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 12:23:38 pm »
+2.  Leisure Concepts is the best, and the CoverMate 1 is probably the most bullet-proof lift available.   CoverMate 3 is also nice, but any lift with hydraulics will eventually have issues.

I think I might switch to the CoverMate ECO- They now have the bar that goes across the cover (which it previously didn't and hung more like the CoverMate 3), and they don't have the small towel hooks but hey it is a heckuva lot cheaper and the same as a CoverMate 1, which as you've both noted above- The best out there.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 03:35:29 pm »

I think I might switch to the CoverMate ECO- They now have the bar that goes across the cover (which it previously didn't and hung more like the CoverMate 3), and they don't have the small towel hooks but hey it is a heckuva lot cheaper and the same as a CoverMate 1, which as you've both noted above- The best out there.

just gotta call Rocky and grind him a little bit for their large quantity discount :-) Jokes aside though like mentioned multiple times the Covermate I is pretty damn bullet proof, even up here in the harsh elements of MN I've seen them last 10 years.

castletonia

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 07:04:17 pm »
I never had issue with the eco version of the CM1.  Yes it is cheaper and doesn't have any refinements, but for the price, great lift.  Unless it has changed, I think the CM3 is garbage compared to the regular CM3.  Long as the cover is not super waterlogged, CM1's are pretty indestructible. 

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 09:53:11 pm »
 I love LC product, not real happy with Rocky or L,concepts at the moment.     Replacing parts on the smart top, with no labor covered to do so.   >:( 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 09:53:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42