What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help identify hot tub  (Read 13565 times)

Micahfisher

Help identify hot tub
« on: December 16, 2017, 07:34:37 pm »
This hot tub came with the house I just purchased. Original owner said they havnt used it in 15 years but I got it going just not sure how the controls work. There is no name on the hot tub no identification plate. There is info on the control box. It's a 1980 Len Gordon ff-2 also has a sticker with 02a81 on it. The only other number I can find is inside the hot tub just under the filter housing stamped in the shell I think it's a860171 UPDATE after looking harder at this number it could be as30171  but hard to tell I will try to attach pic

Sorry the pics didn't work, trying to post this and upload pic with my phone not working out to well. I will fix this tomorrow when I get back to a computer

« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 02:10:25 pm by Micahfisher »

Hot Tub Forum

Help identify hot tub
« on: December 16, 2017, 07:34:37 pm »

Micahfisher

Re: Help identify hot tub
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 02:23:47 pm »
Got the Pics working!!!
 Please if anyone recognizes this hot tub and knows the make I would appreciate it. I cant figure out what modes I have it in in regards to the temp control working. It seems to have a spot were its working on a temp control and turning the circulating pump on and off with the heater to warm it up and shut if off but I dont know if its working correctly temp seems to wonder around and there may be another setting that runs it on a timer which may be why the temp wonders at times. I kind of just need a manual for it or someone who knows each mode and what exactly its supposed to do. I know this thing is ancient but I want to give it a chance, its been sitting in a room in this house for maybe 37 years and hardly used but still turns on and seems to run I think its cool. 

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 05:34:07 pm »
 Doesn't really matter what brand it is, it's old.   Pretty simple controls, turn that dial to turn the heat up.  Guessing it's a 2spd pump?  Low to heat and high for jets.     That button to the right, probably turns on a blower.

Tman thoughts?

Micahfisher

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 02:09:56 am »
Yeah it's a 2 stage pump. The button is an air button and I can't tell if it's wearing out or supposed to be setup were you have to push it twice change modes but from what I can tell pushing it twice starts air blower with high speed pump for jets, twice again turns blower off and leaves pump at high speed for just jets, twice again turns off pump and turns just blower, twice again and that  is were in not sure. I think its temp control mode and seams to only turn low speed pump on for circulation and heating off and on or maybe a timer thing because if I push it twice again it goes to another mode that I originally thought was off for everything until the other day I had it in it and the pump kicked on on low speed. Somone also told me they think the pump should always be on in low speed for circulating heating or not.. Idk

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 07:02:37 am »
I think you should get a little more water in there. Set that heat dial at about 102-104 and enjoy. The air switch will change modes, leave it on low to heat. The other one should add air. Make sure the filter is clean and if it's been dry watch for leaks. Looks like it could use a couple plumbing repairs.
Retired

satenlist

Help identify hot tub
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2018, 07:46:45 pm »
Great thread and so helpful, I have a blue Washburn g 5v serial 7120918 with Washburn pickups and Floyd,inhave no idea what it's worth or history any help? I can't work out how to upload pics

HotTubNovice

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2018, 09:54:27 am »
On our 2000 Sundance model, the complete serial, model name, manufacture date, etc. was actually on a plate on the inside of the surround on the OPPOSITE side from the controls. Pretty much the LAST place you would expect to find it. Are you able to access all sides and see if perhaps yours is the same?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2018, 09:54:27 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42