What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Local Bullfrog Dealer won't deal. N.Cal  (Read 5465 times)

NYJets

Local Bullfrog Dealer won't deal. N.Cal
« on: December 10, 2017, 04:41:11 pm »
Hi Guys,

Came across your forum in my research/quest for a BF spa. I'm in the Bay Area, after in-store visit and a wet test the following day, in store quote for R8L was $11.2K (white seats, step, delivery, chem startup & cover/lifter) + tax. Called back after reading factory rebate being offered, he quoted me a new price (three weeks later) to $11.6K. So, an additional $400. Asked him about the rebate from BF website, and how did the price suddenly go up?? Totally, unaware, let me look into it. He called back, manager will offer original quote of $11,222. And rebate? Dead silence.

Offered various show room models (used) $9895 for R8/L.  Anyway, this is a share/FYI concerning this particular retailer with 8 locations.

Any one know of a better N.CA dealer to work with?

Hot Tub Forum

Local Bullfrog Dealer won't deal. N.Cal
« on: December 10, 2017, 04:41:11 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Local Bullfrog Dealer won't deal. N.Cal
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 08:38:46 pm »
Hi Guys,

Came across your forum in my research/quest for a BF spa. I'm in the Bay Area, after in-store visit and a wet test the following day, in store quote for R8L was $11.2K (white seats, step, delivery, chem startup & cover/lifter) + tax. Called back after reading factory rebate being offered, he quoted me a new price (three weeks later) to $11.6K. So, an additional $400. Asked him about the rebate from BF website, and how did the price suddenly go up?? Totally, unaware, let me look into it. He called back, manager will offer original quote of $11,222. And rebate? Dead silence.

Offered various show room models (used) $9895 for R8/L.  Anyway, this is a share/FYI concerning this particular retailer with 8 locations.

A Jets fan living in California?  My most hated team lol. It's possible that Bullfrog raised there prices over the last few weeks. I'm a Marquis dealer and that's about when the new price lists went out for us. 2018 prices are in effect. As far as the rebate I'm not sure how Bullfrog works there rebates. A lot of manufacturers offer them but only reimburse the dealer partially so they aren't obligated to participate. Why do you call a showroom model used?  Most dealers try to blow out 2017 models this time of year to make room for 2018 models. Just because it's sitting on a showroom floor doesn't make it used. As far as pricing that seems inline with what I see them priced out here on the east coast. A lot of people in this forum claim to pay a lot less and I see prices in here on products I carry and wonder the sanity of the dealer who sold it

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 09:16:37 pm »
Hi Guys,

There's lots of great options out there from other manufacturers.
Retired

Beck0101

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 07:50:24 am »
I think you'll find that pricing is quite regional.  You could get an A8L for less than you're being quoted if you lived in Michigan.

But if you're dealer isn't trying to win your business, move on.  If I'm going to drop $10k on a toy I'd at least want the dealer to pretend he cares about my business, regardless of willingness or ability to negotiate on price.

Sam

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 02:18:38 pm »
That's a fair price for an R8.  I personally think that the R7 is a better value. 

By the way, just because a dealer doesn't negotiate doesn't really mean anything.  Some dealers artificially inflate their price so they can "negotiate" and make you feel like you got a better deal.  Other dealers refuse to play this game.  Would you feel better if he told you that spa was $15k but he could do it for $11k today only?  Kind of like the Master Spa traveling road show does?  People fall for it and think they got an amazing deal.  In reality, they probably paid a little bit more than they would have in a store.

tmaestas95

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2017, 07:05:03 pm »
I believe I know the dealer you're referring to, bought my R8 from their Concord store a year and a half ago.  They had just recently picked up Bullfrog, having been mainly a Sundance/Jacuzzi shop.  They said they don't haggle on the Bullfrog units, although you might be able to get them to budge on upgrade prices.  Not sure why you got two different prices within 3 weeks.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2017, 11:52:43 am »
Don't know where in the bay you are.  There is a dealer in Cotati and one in Sacramento area. Don't know if they can help you.

Why a Bull Frog?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

MarKee

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2017, 12:16:02 pm »
I would go talk to Gabe or Aaron at Sonoma Backyard in Cotati. They are a Bullfrog and Marquis dealer.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2017, 03:47:22 pm »
So, did you buy?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2017, 07:32:33 pm »
So, did you buy?

Think he was just here to bitch

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2017, 09:31:29 pm »
So, did you buy?

He didn't seem to be bitching at all really if you look at both of the posts he made but I think its pretty normal for someone to make a couple posts and then disappear.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2017, 09:35:33 pm »
So, did you buy?

He didn't seem to be bitching at all really if you look at both of the posts he made but I think its pretty normal for someone to make a couple posts and then disappear.

Maybe the wrong word. Came on to complain that a dealer wouldn’t negotiate on a price. Not really sure what the sense of doing that is. Just move onto a different dealer if you think the price is unfair. Then he never answered another post. I don’t get people on this forum sometimes

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2017, 09:35:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42