What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: FLO .... Pump 1 not running  (Read 1526 times)

duncang92

FLO .... Pump 1 not running
« on: December 09, 2017, 05:33:29 pm »
I have a salt water arctic spa model.

When we bought it used we were informed that the second stage of pump 1 had failed - 2 speed pump.

Suddenly FLO turned up which also meant the tub went cool as the heater won't come on without water flowing.

Pump 2 and bubbler work fine.

I replaced pump 1 with a new unit but I still have FLO error and the newly replaced pump 1 won't run.

Before I replaced the motor I checked power running to pump 1 at the control board.

Red at 115v.
Black at 115v when control switched on and I hear the relay click ..... If pump disconnected at side of control panel.

When pump plug connected to control panel this dropped to 40V for both black and red.

Hence why I suspected pump 1 to have failed.

I did notice (but ignored) that white (neutral) was at 110v when tracing through the control panel. This seems very odd. White is definitely neutral when coming into the hot tub.

Any ideas?

Hot Tub Forum

FLO .... Pump 1 not running
« on: December 09, 2017, 05:33:29 pm »

duncang92

Re: FLO .... Pump 1 not running
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 02:22:55 pm »
I found the main 25A slow blow fuse had blown. I sourced a replacement and will install tomorrow morning and see what happens.

I'm assuming that when pump 1 started failing completely that caused the fuse to blow and is the reason why I am seeing the neutral to be 115V.

duncang92

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 07:01:47 pm »
Running now with new fuse :)

Now if I can only manage to seal the connection between the main line and the heater I would be a happy warm bunny floating in the salt water

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 07:15:54 am »
Glad we could help.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 07:15:54 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42