What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Spring Grandee Cover Lifter  (Read 4136 times)

Bass2ply

Hot Spring Grandee Cover Lifter
« on: September 18, 2017, 03:50:18 pm »
Hello all!

I am looking to purchase a cover lifter for a 2015 Hot Springs Grandee, but I am not sure which will fit since the tub is bigger than most. I do believe the Covermate III will work, but it seems to sit very high when open.  Any alternatives?  Pros/cons?

Thanks for the help!

Jeff

Hot Tub Forum

« on: September 18, 2017, 03:50:18 pm »

TemptingDestiny

Re: Hot Spring Grandee Cover Lifter
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 01:48:09 pm »
Hot Spring manufactures cover lifters that are used to mount into the actual Cover itself as long as it's still the original or (Genuine) Hot Spring cover. (Sunstar also manufactures replacement HS covers)
The Uprite and the Cover Cradle are two worth looking into. The Uprite requires about 10 inches of clearance behind the spa. The Cover Cradle rocks backwards and needs about 24 inches of clearance. I personally recommend the Cover Cradle if you have the space behind the spa.
The Covermate III will fit the Grandee. But, just like the Covermate 1, it is a bar that rests across the seam of the cover. For such a big tub, that will probably lead to pre-mature wear and tear on your cover.

Hope that helps!

Bass2ply

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 07:08:29 pm »
Thank you, TemptingDestiny!

What is the difference between the CoverCradle I and II other than the pneumatic gas springs?  Unfortunately, Hot Spring doesn't give much information on their lifters.  Also, how can I tell if it is a Hot Spring cover?  I just bought a used 2015 model, and I'm not sure who manufactured the cover for this spa.

Thanks again!

d00nut

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 10:36:27 pm »
You'll want a Cover Cradle 1 (as it has two shocks, which are necessary for a cover of that size.)  For a cover cradle 2, it has 1 shock... IT MAKES NO SENSE!

If you feel your cover on the side where there is no warning label, feel the sides and the back to see if you can feel steel plates.  Hot Spring would probably be stamped on the top side of the cover as well.

Bass2ply

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 04:21:50 pm »
I noticed the CoverMate III has a width of up to 96", but the Grandee is 100".  If I purchase this one, will I need any additional hardware to install?

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 12:47:24 pm »
I noticed the CoverMate III has a width of up to 96", but the Grandee is 100".  If I purchase this one, will I need any additional hardware to install?

You can use the Hot Spring 'Uprite' which is similar to the CMIII, although it isn't my favorite cover lifter to pair with a Grandee, it will work but not ideal due to the size of the cover, the Cover Cradle 1 is a MUCH better option in my experience

Dukevzdb

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 09:10:57 pm »
We have hot water at all areas but the guest shower. All we have there is cold, is it just the paucet or do we have a bigger problem.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2017, 10:52:40 pm »
Cover Cradle 1 for sure.  Does your cover have the Hot Spring Logo on it?  If so, it will work.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2017, 10:52:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42