What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Please help in diagnosing problem...  (Read 1514 times)

nitromax

Please help in diagnosing problem...
« on: December 05, 2017, 01:58:52 pm »
 8) Hello,

I have a 2005 Hot Springs Trinidad hot tub. Last year was the first year we fired it up in a while and discovered the pump wasn't kicking on. It rusted out. So I replaced that.

After filling it up the pump now works great. But when we set it to 102 degrees it shows that it's 102, but the water is unbearably hot! when you stick an outside temp probe in it the temp is maxed out. (I don't recall the exact temp, but I looked it up a while back and I understand the electronics will stop it from getting any hotter. 113 if memory serves.)

It seemed for a while that I could set the temperature on the panel about 30 degrees less and it would actually even out to about 102 degrees. So I thought maybe the temp probe was messed up. I bought temp probe but it didn't fix that issue.

The problem is that even when you set it about 30 degrees below 102 it will still sometimes spike out to the max temp.

I've looked up everything I can find on it outside of calling in a tech to diagnose it.

Any suggestions of what I can do on my own? 

Is replacing the control unit the next step? I have the exact model number for the replacement board but it's more than I wanted to spend. Is there a way of purchasing a generic control board at a reduced cost? Here's the info I found on it:

This is the controller in the hot tub: SPA BUILDER SC-CF-P121-P211-01-NE-LS-H4.0-WK2

My research has turned up that this is the replacement:  Gecko 72469  (About $550)

Replacement board for the same:  Gecko 0201-300045  (Still about $365)

Any help you could provide would be appreciated. I'm on a tight budget.

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Please help in diagnosing problem...
« on: December 05, 2017, 01:58:52 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Please help in diagnosing problem...
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 03:49:29 pm »
8) Hello,

I have a 2005 Hot Springs Trinidad hot tub. Last year was the first year we fired it up in a while and discovered the pump wasn't kicking on. It rusted out. So I replaced that.

After filling it up the pump now works great. But when we set it to 102 degrees it shows that it's 102, but the water is unbearably hot! when you stick an outside temp probe in it the temp is maxed out. (I don't recall the exact temp, but I looked it up a while back and I understand the electronics will stop it from getting any hotter. 113 if memory serves.)

It seemed for a while that I could set the temperature on the panel about 30 degrees less and it would actually even out to about 102 degrees. So I thought maybe the temp probe was messed up. I bought temp probe but it didn't fix that issue.

The problem is that even when you set it about 30 degrees below 102 it will still sometimes spike out to the max temp.

I've looked up everything I can find on it outside of calling in a tech to diagnose it.

Any suggestions of what I can do on my own? 

Is replacing the control unit the next step? I have the exact model number for the replacement board but it's more than I wanted to spend. Is there a way of purchasing a generic control board at a reduced cost? Here's the info I found on it:

This is the controller in the hot tub: SPA BUILDER SC-CF-P121-P211-01-NE-LS-H4.0-WK2

My research has turned up that this is the replacement:  Gecko 72469  (About $550)

Replacement board for the same:  Gecko 0201-300045  (Still about $365)

Any help you could provide would be appreciated. I'm on a tight budget.

Thanks!

If it's maxing out and not throwing a code it sounds like you have a couple screwed up sensors. Hi limit and overheat.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Please help in diagnosing problem...
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 03:49:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42