What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: FLOW error  (Read 4462 times)

fil bagwadia

Re: FLOW error
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2017, 07:18:00 pm »
Delayed response, sorry. I have been travelling a lot recently. But thanks for all the replies and recommendations.
My FLO problem is still there but I have 'cheated' to make it less bothersome. As I was always able to reset the error by removing and replacing the SENSOR cable, I focussed on that aspect. The trouble doing that was removing the panels and putting them back on every time I wanted that reset. To make it easier, I cut the red wire of the FLO switch going into the circuit board and placed a spring loaded mini switch in series. Every time I saw FLO on the panel, I simply flicked the switch and everything reset. By flicking the switch, I am opening the flow switch momentarily for the reset to take place. I was able to mount the mini switch on the outside cover which then became easy to use. The tub would then run without FLO error sometimes for an entire day and sometimes just for a few hours. As I said it is a 'cheat'.

What I do hear everytime the reset takes place is some relay clicking, I dont know which. This brings me to SerjicalStrike's post on: September 11, 2017, 09:09:35 AM. He mentioned that "If you have the FLO error and the circulation pump is running, you have a bad relay on the board." Could you tell me how I can identify the faulty relay? Which relay? It sounds like that could be the root of my issue.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2017, 07:18:00 pm »

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2017, 09:13:56 am »
The relays are K9 and K10.  Are the wires for the circulation pump both connected to TB2?  Or is only one wire on TB2 and 1 wire on the main terminal block?

fil bagwadia

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2017, 01:55:03 pm »
Thank you SerjicalStrike. There is only one wire on TB2 and 1 wire on the main terminal block from the circulation pump. Are you on to something here?

Also looking at the Electrical Wiring Diagram, the only one I have, given in the 'Installation & Owner's Manual' I do not see relays K9 and K10. I see only K1 to K8. Is there a more detailed diagram for Altamar on line?

Appreciate your response.

fil bagwadia

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2017, 05:22:32 pm »
Anything new, SerjicalStrike?

SerjicalStrike

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2017, 01:23:24 pm »
With the power off, move the black wire to the left and move the white wire to right side of the main terminal block. 

This will use the unused relay that should be working fine. 

fil bagwadia

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2017, 02:38:59 pm »
Thanks again, SerjicalStrike. I will try and let you know the results and if it works, I will support reinstating Hank Williams!

fil bagwadia

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2017, 12:31:09 am »
Connected the circ pump directly to the main power terminal block and the circ pump now runs all the time and I do not get FLOW error. I am not sure what control signals were received by the circ pump when one wire was connected to TB2. Though it solved the FLOW issue, some other strange error conditions have shown up, but fortunately they are not show stoppers and I am able to use my hot tub.
The new error conditions that I am referring to are

(1) the adjusted (every 6 hours) filter cycle timings are totally ignored and they seem to come on any time. Cycle is set to 'Standard'.
(2) quite frequently the two stage pump comes on at slow speed and the panel shows flashing 'OH' error. The temperature is set to 102 and the water is definitely not overheating.

I cant figure those out.

SerjicalStrike

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2017, 08:01:16 am »
You shouldn't have both wires connected to the main terminal block. 

The wire that was connected to the main terminal block should have been moved to the other side of the block.
The wire that was installed in the push in connector should have been moved to the push in connector next to it.

Fix that and see if your other issues go away.

fil bagwadia

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2017, 06:07:38 pm »
Sorry, I must have read you incorrect. I will switch around again as you suggest and see what happens.

Many thanks

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2017, 06:07:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42