General > Beating a dead horse

I've been slimed (with full foam insulation)

<< < (2/6) > >>

Tman122:

--- Quote from: wondertubs on November 21, 2017, 09:12:26 pm ---I didn't picture the full foam becoming a giant sponge, when reading comments about it being tricky to repair, that sure is something else. I guess it's bound to happen sooner or later, or there would be a lifetime warranty on the insulation.

--- End quote ---

Wet foam is how we locate a leak. But it's only wet from the leak down hill below the leak to a way out. I've repaired many leaks in foam and have a hot wire knife to cut it tons neater than that guy. Over my 30 year career I would say I dug foam 10 times. Only one was a normal leak. The rest were freeze damage. And no, it's not bound to happen. Most never leak and live a long happy life until they are retired.

Professor Spa:
30 years fixing hot tubs and fullfoam is not the nightmare its made out to be and they leak a lot less than spas with unsupported plumbing and especially if they clamp the plumbing lines.

Fact: Full foam coast 3-4x more to make that the other methods... The real reason everyone does not full foam is the cost...

wondertubs:
This one's my favorite.  ::)

Leak repair: "How we repair a leak, and keep the cost down... we drilled us a couple little holes in the side like this"... uh, those aren't little, and that's more than a couple.

Spatech_tuo:

--- Quote from: wondertubs on November 22, 2017, 09:36:45 am ---This one's my favorite.  ::)

Leak repair: "How we repair a leak, and keep the cost down... we drilled us a couple little holes in the side like this"... uh, those aren't little, and that's more than a couple.

--- End quote ---

You obviously don't need any assistance here so just buy a spa and then let us know what you endorse as the best choice out there based on your impeccable research.

wondertubs:

--- Quote from: Spatech_tuo on November 22, 2017, 10:49:20 am ---You obviously don't need any assistance here so just buy a spa and then let us know what you endorse as the best choice out there based on your impeccable research.

--- End quote ---
Why quote me in this topic if you're going to talk about another one? Now you're so far off topic it's spilling over into this one. Get a grip.

Personally I wouldn't buy a spa, but I'm just a nice guy, and hopefully I can save someone else some trouble for being able to keep one working for them.  I'll probably skip the full foam.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version