General > Beating a dead horse

I've been slimed (with full foam insulation)

<< < (6/6)

wondertubs:

--- Quote from: SerjicalStrike on November 28, 2017, 12:07:37 pm ---it resides in the beating a dead horse section

--- End quote ---
That reminds me of a scene from star wars, where they used a dead animal as a sleeping bag. Talk about slime... or can you really beat a dead horse, with full foam? Perverts.

Spatech_tuo:

--- Quote from: wondertubs on November 28, 2017, 12:13:20 pm ---
--- Quote from: SerjicalStrike on November 28, 2017, 12:07:37 pm ---it resides in the beating a dead horse section

--- End quote ---
That reminds me of a scene from star wars, where they used a dead animal as a sleeping bag. Talk about slime... or can you really beat a dead horse, with full foam? Perverts.

--- End quote ---

Now its just getting strange!

Tman122:

--- Quote from: wondertubs on November 28, 2017, 09:20:03 am ---
--- Quote from: bud16415 on November 24, 2017, 12:41:03 pm ---My tub has a dense pack fiber insulation called Fibercor.
--- End quote ---

That's funny, it looks like snow!  Right, you see... we use the "igloo principle" of insulating your hot tub: Snow is used because the air pockets trapped in it make it an insulator.

--- Quote from: Tman122 on November 24, 2017, 12:08:30 pm ---Then it was pointed out to them that the tub only needs to filter for 4 hours a day. What about the other 20 hours that the pumps aren't running. Or should they run the pumps extra to create the R-Factor? Seems kinda counter to the original though.

--- End quote ---
Maybe it depends, some spas use reflective panels which could trap air pockets like that too, and I'd put the (small) tub inside an insulated room anyway—it isn't heated but there's no wind chill factor indoors there.  I guess if the room doesn't feel warmer around a covered tub, I'll know that's insulated well enough (or at least it would double as a space heater, which might be nice sometimes). Not to say it is as good or better than full foam, but if snow can be kept relatively warm inside, like an igloo (with body heat alone), then whatever, as long as my insulation doesn't turn into a sponge bath. Most of the topics I've read where someone was looking to replace a hot tub were to do with it leaking eventually, and the foam insulation complicated that or was not worth repairing (and in other videos they say you might not even know it leaked until you noticed a difference in energy consumption, but by then it's soaked). Whether one is a better value over-all seems to depend, it could go either way (yet I'd rather not encounter that particular issue if it leaked, especially if I don't have it outside in an extreme climate).

--- End quote ---

Big problem with using snow for insulation. Heat transfer from hot to cold. Which is slowed by small air pockets in insulation. Even though air is the worst insulator besides snow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version